Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Temporary Move- Updated  (Read 274 times)

• Liked: 0
Temporary Move- Updated
« on: July 23, 2014, 02:19:02 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I just posted recently regarding my fiance living in England and me living here, and our situation with the visa with a possible temporary move. Well we have a little bit of an update, but i'm still really clueless. Again, I really appreciate all the advice and help I can get. Everything seems so complicated.

So here's whats happening:

Our k1 fiance visa is taking a little longer than expected, and it might still be months until he comes over. In the meantime, i've decided that I want to go to England for a couple of months and stay with him. Money is not a huge issue at first, but eventually i'd like to find some sort of job. nothing major.

I'm not sure which visa this would fall under? My fiance mentioned a travelers visa which is good for a year and would allow me to work? Any info on that? How can I get it? How long? Can i get it after i'm over there?

We currently have a k1 visa filed- 129f. Does anyone know if me going to the UK and possible getting a visa will affect our fiance visa?

This is all so confusing and I apologize that I asking dumb questions, I just feel like i'm hitting wall after wall.

Thank you,

Heather

• Liked: 4
Re: Temporary Move- Updated
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 02:39:09 AM »
No, there is no travelers visa that would allow you to work. You would need to apply for a fiancé visa if you wish to marry in the UK, or a spousal visa if you wish to move to the UK after marriage. Both require the UK citizen to earn at least £18,600 per year.

If you wish to travel to the UK simply as a visitor, you can do that for up to six months but you cannot work there.

• Liked: 170
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 07:07:23 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I just posted recently regarding my fiance living in England and me living here, and our situation with the visa with a possible temporary move. Well we have a little bit of an update, but i'm still really clueless. Again, I really appreciate all the advice and help I can get. Everything seems so complicated.

So here's whats happening:

Our k1 fiance visa is taking a little longer than expected, and it might still be months until he comes over. In the meantime, i've decided that I want to go to England for a couple of months and stay with him. Money is not a huge issue at first, but eventually i'd like to find some sort of job. nothing major.

I'm not sure which visa this would fall under? My fiance mentioned a travelers visa which is good for a year and would allow me to work? Any info on that? How can I get it? How long? Can i get it after i'm over there?

We currently have a k1 visa filed- 129f. Does anyone know if me going to the UK and possible getting a visa will affect our fiance visa?

This is all so confusing and I apologize that I asking dumb questions, I just feel like i'm hitting wall after wall.

Thank you,

Heather

Any visa that allows you to work is pretty difficult to qualify for...

A Tier 4 (student visa) would allow you to work 20 hours a week if you are on a course at a University that lasts more than 6 months? But tuition is going to be pretty expensive.

Spousal visa? All sorts of financial requirements (and you have to be married already).

Tier 2 - a work sponsored visa after they have proven no one else in the EU can do the job.

Tier 5 - Youth mobility? Must be on some sort of sponsored visa, under 30. Mostly govt exchange type programme....

Tier 1 Entrepreneur? Do you have £200,000 to invest to start a business in the UK?

That's it.
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 09:13:08 AM »
Right now spouse visas are taking months to process for the UK, so if you do decide to go on and get married and move here, you may delay being together even more.

Sponsored Links