Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Tier 4 Visa Checklist - Do I have everything?  (Read 598 times)

• Liked: 0
Tier 4 Visa Checklist - Do I have everything?
« on: July 23, 2014, 05:09:06 PM »
Sup guys, I'm back at it again after taking my year break from uni. Switching unis and all that jazz. As if I haven't been around this bend before, just covering my tracks to make sure I have everything.

Tier 4 Visa Checklist
1. CAS - You know it.
2. Bank Statements - Rich as a mofo, yo.
3. Student Loan Documents - Fed letter and Sallie Mae confirmation. Not as rich I claim to be, homies.
4. Marriage Certificate and Divorce documents - Proving why my name don't match my parents', yo.
5. Birth Certificate - US Citizen up in this b****
6. Extra random stuff (like confirmation of tenancy agreement for the flat I secured ahead of time) - Convincing like the President of the United States.
7. Passport - Most important piece of proof, like how I'm throwin it down?
8. Biometrics on Monday - ID me all day, know what I'm sayin?

Ok. Anything you think I'm missing? I'm just concerned cause last time I did this mess, I had to print off an application to fill out by hand along with the visa application I did online. And I can't find the paper application this time around with this newfangled website the UKBA has. Gettin all fancy, kids these days. Let me know, if you have the time! And you know I be appreciatin you all and you sensational advice.

Peace.
Michelle

Re: Tier 4 Visa Checklist - Do I have everything?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 05:18:23 PM »
Whoa. Check that signature. Such old news, that. I'm in need of a tune up.

• Liked: 47
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 05:18:55 PM »
You don't have to fill out the paper application. Just do the online one and print out the completed application.
April 11, 2012-Began talking online
June 2012-Officially dating
August 2012-Met in person
Aug 2012-Nov 2012-Tier 4 (General)
Aug 2014-present- Tier 4
Oct 2015-Wedding!!! and spouse visa sometime after that and before the Tier 4 expires

• Liked: 7
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 10:14:10 PM »
Passport sized photos?
2007-Short Term Student;   2010-T4;   2011-T1 PSW;   2013-FLR(M);    2015-ILR;    2016 - Citizenship (approved!)

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 11:35:57 AM »
4. Marriage Certificate and Divorce documents - Proving why my name don't match my parents', yo.
5. Birth Certificate - US Citizen up in this b****
6. Extra random stuff (like confirmation of tenancy agreement for the flat I secured ahead of time) - Convincing like the President of the United States.

You don't need these things.  The online application itself tells you what evidence you need to include with the application, but it is likely to be just your passport and photos.  

You do need to also collate the evidence of your finances and qualifications, but you don't include them.  Just keep them safe in case they are asked for.

All the other stuff you have listed is irrelevant.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:41:56 AM by sah10406 »

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 01:35:47 AM »
Thanks, guys. I was planning to go get my passport photos done this weekend. Thanks for reminding me. And thanks for the advice, as per usual.

I just can't seem to find the address to mail it to New York ANYWHERE. Where can I find that? Thanks again.

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 03:31:25 AM »
Thanks, guys. I was planning to go get my passport photos done this weekend. Thanks for reminding me. And thanks for the advice, as per usual.

I just can't seem to find the address to mail it to New York ANYWHERE. Where can I find that? Thanks again.

You aren't alone in that. I had to do a lot of googling before I found it when I sent mine. They've taken it off the application for some reason. It's

UK Visas and Immigration
British consulate general
845 Third Ave
New York, NY 10022
Aug 2014-present- Tier 4
Oct 2015-Wedding!!! and spouse visa sometime after that and before the Tier 4 expires

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 07:03:16 AM »
You aren't alone in that. I had to do a lot of googling before I found it when I sent mine. They've taken it off the application for some reason. It's

UK Visas and Immigration
British consulate general
845 Third Ave
New York, NY 10022

There's a page on the UKVI website, which has lots of information about how to apply in the United States:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa

Do they not still give the address in the email confirmation/biometrics confirmation when you submit the online application?

I was assuming they did since there have been a number of people applying for settlement visas who have been caught out recently because their biometrics confirmation gave the New York address, but they had to send their applications to Sheffield.

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 01:37:06 PM »
That was the page I found after googling I think. I could never get to it just from icing around on the website.

And for some reason they didn't give the address anywhere. Not on biometrics, the application, nothing. It was very odd. There were even bits that said "send this to the address on the application" but there was no address.
Aug 2014-present- Tier 4

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab