Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visa Notification by Email  (Read 4367 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Visa Notification by Email
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 11:32:56 PM »
I feel your pain. I travelled to the US visa-free for many years, and then I made a stupid mistake in 2007 and got a DUI. Now I will never be allowed to enter the US without a visa for the rest of my life (and I'm banned from entering Canada until at least 2017 (as it is a felony there), and will need a visa to visit Australia as well).

And each time I apply for a US visa, it costs me over £200 - about £100 for the visa application, then there's the police certificates, special US passport photos, travel to London for a visa appointment, possible hotel stays in London etc.

That's sounds terrible. There's no way getting around it?  That's way too much hassle. I would understand if it's a criminal conviction. But DUI? And no wonder people pay so much for an attorney to get their DUI dropped to a lesser charge.

That is not necessarily the case in all circumstances. I was denied a PSW visa back in 2012, and have traveled probably 8 times to the UK for pleasure and work since that refusal. Usually I get stopped by the border agent, they ask me a few questions, I explain the circumstances and my appeal, and they've always let me come through. It usually takes me 15 minutes more at the border crossing than a normal tourist.

I asked the UK border agent about my passport being flagged in their electronic system, and he said that after a few years time, I'd no longer be flagged. The more times I come and go (in the timeframe I say I will), he said the more I'd be trusted as less of a risk. Now I am applying for a Tier 2 visa and then this shouldn't be much more of a problem.

That's quite reassuring. But nevertheless, I'll just bring all supporting documents with me whenever I travel from now on just in case. I'm going to try to enter the UK with no advance visa and take the chance. Doesn't cost me much as we've accumulated a lot mileage. We can spare some. If I got refused entry, then of well. Heh

Anyway... I'm still waiting for my package. This wait is killing me. We know that we could not prepared our application any better so I'm thinking positive. If I got refused again.... Then I will curse UK Home Office. (Just kidding)  It should arrive tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted. Wish me luck.

Thanks again you guys. You are the best!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:41:20 PM by JaySoCal »
Applied Marriage Visitor Visa - May 26, 2014
Biometrix - June 02, 2014
Visa Granted - June 23, 2014
Arrived in UK - August 02, 2014
Married - October 10, 2014
Left UK - December 27, 2014
-----after much consideration, we decided that its best to settle in the UK for the mean time----
Applied Civil Partnership Visa - January 29, 2015
Biometrix - February 03, 2015
Packet Received by Sheffield - February 06, 2015
Assigned to an ECO - February 12, 2015
Decision made. Visa was shipped back - March 06, 2015
Packet Received - March 09, 201

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 07:07:46 PM »
Just an update:
I got my Marriage Visitor Visa today. The visa was valid on 22/07/14 so I guess I'll be booking my flight for tomorrow. I can't wait. :) thank guys for all the help.
Applied Marriage Visitor Visa - May 26, 2014
Biometrix - June 02, 2014
Visa Granted - June 23, 2014
Arrived in UK - August 02, 2014
Married - October 10, 2014
Left UK - December 27, 2014
-----after much consideration, we decided that its best to settle in the UK for the mean time----
Applied Civil Partnership Visa - January 29, 2015
Biometrix - February 03, 2015
Packet Received by Sheffield - February 06, 2015
Assigned to an ECO - February 12, 2015
Decision made. Visa was shipped back - March 06, 2015
Packet Received - March 09, 201

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 07:08:55 PM »
Just an update:
I got my Marriage Visitor Visa today. The visa was valid on 22/07/14 so I guess I'll be booking my flight for tomorrow. I can't wait. :) thank guys for all the help.

Congratulations :)! Have a great trip and wedding :).

Sponsored Links