Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Notification of Birth Abroad forms  (Read 293 times)

• Liked: 0
Notification of Birth Abroad forms
« on: July 26, 2014, 02:46:28 PM »
I've had a look around for a question about this so if this has been answered, please let me know.

I'm applying for my daughter's passport, SSN, etc. next month in London and I'm just working on the paperwork. It wants every date I've ever entered the US. Is this for me or my husband (her father and UK citizen) or both? I'll do it if I have to but it will be a ball ache so I figured I would check before I start the process of doing it. Going back 20 years and finding out the exact dates I left the country when I was a kid will be really hard (I lost that passport years ago).

Also, does anyone have any experience of using a passport for proof of living in the US for the required amount of time after the age of 14. It's going to take too long to get a high school or college transcript so I was going to use old passport stamps but as they don't have a list of what is accepted, I'm afraid that isn't enough. Thanks for your help! :)
Student Visa- August 2009
Studied- September 2009-August 2010
Engaged- March 2010
Post-Study Work Visa- January 2011
Married in US- June 2011
Spouse Visa- September 2011
ILR (Solihull PEO)- 2nd September 2013
Apply for Citizenship (Oxford NCS)- 9th October 2013
Became a citizen- 20th January 2014!

Re:
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 02:59:06 PM »
It's just the USC but I'm afraid I can't answer the question about the proof. Do you have passports for the other relevant dates?
Me: USC by parentage, UKC by birth
Hubby: UKC

• Liked: 4985
Re: Notification of Birth Abroad forms
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 04:51:02 PM »
We were told it was both the USC and UKC, though they seemed quite relaxed about it.

If you have a passport that covers the numbers of years needed, that should be fine.  Make sure you have your marriage certificate (and divorce decrees if applicable) as well.

Re: Notification of Birth Abroad forms
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 11:38:12 AM »
Thanks for your help. I have passports from the age of 17 and lived in the US until I was 22 so I had hoped that would be enough. I lost my previous passport. I might just try to get some paperwork from my parents to back it up (old tax documents or my high school certificate as my transcript will take too long now).

For the dates, KFdancer did you just give them the dates of the four years you proved residency or your entire life?

Thank you!
Student Visa- August 2009
Studied- September 2009-August 2010
Engaged- March 2010
Post-Study Work Visa- January 2011
Married in US- June 2011
Spouse Visa- September 2011
ILR (Solihull PEO)- 2nd September 2013
Apply for Citizenship (Oxford NCS)- 9th October 2013
Became a citizen- 20th January 2014!

Sponsored Links