Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Unusual fiance visa questions  (Read 277 times)

• Liked: 1
Unusual fiance visa questions
« on: August 17, 2014, 10:06:49 PM »
I am cross posting this from the introductions section as it is both a hi! and a I have questions type of entry. So first of all...hello!

I'm new here. You can call me Lady (most people do even IRL). I've been engaged for sometime (will be 2 years in December for our engagement) to a lovely brit who lives in London but alas I live in Kentucky.

We are really hoping to apply for a fiancé visa in the new year but we cannot make heads or tails of the requirements. Plus there are extra issues like he is a contract worker in a contract job and I've been trying to get off of disability benefits for over a year. I have savings and monetary gifts some of which are in micro loans that can be sold like stock if I need funds but if I don't sell them I receive monthly payments which will eventually total just over $550 a month monthly for the next 3-5 years.

Does anyone know how the fiancé visa evaluates a persons assets? Will my disability benefits be a hinderance? I am told by my lawyer that in my state those who actively pursue getting off of disability tend to find it can take up to 3 years to do so successfully. What about contract work? His job has no plans to let him go and IT is an increasingly contract world. If he has been at the job since last November is that enough to consider it as permanent in a legalese sort of way? Plus I did a lot of contract jobs followed by long times of unemployment which because of my savings abilities never touched any of my larger assets, just drained my local bank account. Is my weird employment history a hinderance? Also, I have a masters degree which might be an asset but I also have a student loan on that degree which might remove that asset. So very lost.

So many questions all with the underlying desire to start my life fully with the love of my life.

Huge respect to everyone who has made or is making the transition. They sure don't make it easy.

*confused*

But yeah that's me...hi!
Country applying from: USA
Type of visa applied for: Fiance visa (priority)
Date application submitted (online): September 10
Date biometrics taken & documents sent: September 15
Date documentation was received by UKBA: September 17
Acknowledgement email & confirmation priority processing has started: September 24
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Date of decision email: October 6
Date visa was received: October 8
Moved in December 13
Married March 21, 2015
Applying in Person for FLR(M) April 18, 2014
ILR sometime soonish eek!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Unusual fiance visa questions
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 10:09:16 PM »
I replied I. Your other post.  The burden is on him to qualify.  I believe he would be Category F.  Categories are from an earlier post by ksand24.

Category A: UK citizen's employment income (or US citizen's income as well if they are in the UK with permission to work)
The UK citizen must have been with the UK company, earning at least £18,600 salary for AT LEAST 6 months.

Category B:  UK citizen's employment income (or US citizen's income as well if they are in the UK with permission to work)
The UK citizen is currently earning £18,600 but has not been with his UK company/not earning £18,600 for 6 months yet (or has a variable income) AND he has also earned £18,600 in total in the last 12 months.

Category C: Non-employment income
Either the UK or the US citizen (or both) have non-employment income of at least £18,600 per year. For example, interest from stocks/shares/dividends, rental income from property you own, child maintenance from a former partner, academic stipend etc.

Category D: Cash Savings
If neither of you has any income, you will need £62,500 in savings, that have been in your account for 6 months or more, in order to qualify for the visa. Or if you don't quite meet the income requirement, you can combine it with savings, but the first £16,000 of savings don't count and then you need 2.5 times the difference between the income and £18,600.

Category E: Pension Income
If you or your husband (or both) have pension income of £18,600 per year, you can qualify for the visa.

Category F and G: Self-employment income over last financial year (F) or last 2 financial years (G)
The UK citizen's self employment income of £18,600 over the last 1 or 2 financial years

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab