Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Resident Labour Market Test  (Read 288 times)

• Liked: 0
Resident Labour Market Test
« on: August 19, 2014, 03:26:02 PM »
Hi Everyone, I am confused, so hopefully someone can help me out...

I have a MA from a recognized UK University, I am now on a tier 2 work visa and have a job offer for a new position with a new company, meaning I would need to switch my tier 2.  I am confused on whether the company would be responsible for doing the resident market test, or if they would NOT be since I have a UK degree? 

I found this on the UKBA site..

28.8 You do not have to conduct a resident labour market test if a migrant you want to sponsor is
applying for Tier 2 (General) leave in the UK and has, or was last granted leave to enter, or to stay
in the UK under one of the following:
f) they have, or were last granted permission to stay in the UK as a Tier 4 migrant or as a student and during their last grant of leave, or a continuous period of leave that includes their last grant of leave, they have received final results confirming they:
▪▪have passed and will be (or have been) awarded a UK recognised bachelor’s or master’s
degree, or...

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/305304/Tier_2_5_Sponsor_Guidance_04-14.pdf

Just want another opinion before I go back to my future employer with this.

Thank you!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Resident Labour Market Test
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 04:55:33 PM »
I'm not sure...

Your last visa (when applying for the new one) will be a Tier 2, not a Tier 4...

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 02:15:28 PM »
Yes, I figured it out.  On a tier 2 switching to a tier 2, the market test does need to be done.  I had a job offer too, but they took the offer back because of this.   

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 03:34:42 PM »
 :(

I'm sorry.  I hope something better comes along soon.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab