Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help with appendix 2  (Read 704 times)

• Liked: 0
Help with appendix 2
« on: September 01, 2014, 05:20:31 PM »
I have my biometrics appointment tomorrow afternoon and need to get this form finished before then so I can stop by FED EX on the way home and send off my package.  We are in the USA, Hubby (UK) Me (USA).  Married 15 years with 2 kids. 

First box -  On what basis are you going to the UK?

Do I check spouse or civil partner of someone settled in the UK?  He and the kids are here with me and we are all going together.  There is no perfect answer since nobody is currently in the UK.  However, they are all British Citizens, just me that needs a visa.

1.19 Can I put:  Have lived together since our wedding on 06/11/1999 See attached note for address details.

1.25 Do you or your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?  He is currently the sold wage earner.  We have a home (close on 9/25) and obviously the usual bills.  Are they asking about this or additional responsibilities from say another relationship which neither of us has?

1.27 Does your sponsor have any children?  Check Yes I assume since we have 2 children together and give their details.  Correct?

1.28 Is your sponsor responsible for supporting anyone financially, including any children above.  Check yes and add me?

3.3 We are checking Income from salaried employment overseas (with job offer in the UK) then it says Indicate which option you are relying on,  Category A or Category B.  The category instructions are not clear... are we A or B since it is all employment here and then there?

I think that is it!  Thanks in advance for all the help!  :)

Best,
Chrissy
Happily Married since 1999,
we have 2 kids and live in Ohio
Visa Type: Priority Spouse
Application on-line: 28, Aug, 2014
Biometrics: 02, Sept, 2014
Paid for Priority: 02, Sept, 2014
Package Mailed: 03, Sept, 2014
Package Received at Sheffield: 05, Sept, 2014
Priority Processing Email from Sheffield: 13, Sept, 2014
Decision Made: ...watch this space...

• Liked: 3589
Re: Help with appendix 2
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 05:34:29 PM »
First box -  On what basis are you going to the UK?

Do I check spouse or civil partner of someone settled in the UK?  He and the kids are here with me and we are all going together.  There is no perfect answer since nobody is currently in the UK.  However, they are all British Citizens, just me that needs a visa.

Yes - that's the only possible category you can be applying under... because you ARE the spouse of someone settled in the UK.

When they say 'settled in the UK', it doesn't mean he has to be physically in the UK, it's basically referring to someone who has the right to be settled based on having UK citizenship or UK permanent residence.

1.19 Can I put:  Have lived together since our wedding on 06/11/1999 See attached note for address details.

Just put the date you started living together - no need to give address details.

1.25 Do you or your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?  He is currently the sold wage earner.  We have a home (close on 9/25) and obviously the usual bills.  Are they asking about this or additional responsibilities from say another relationship which neither of us has?

I think they mean things like credit cards, loans, maintenance payments that you are both responsible for paying etc.

I don't think it matters if you do decide to put things like bills though - if both of you contribute to them.

1.27 Does your sponsor have any children?  Check Yes I assume since we have 2 children together and give their details.  Correct?

Yes - otherwise you would be lying :).

1.28 Is your sponsor responsible for supporting anyone financially, including any children above.  Check yes and add me?

No, they mean anyone else other than you.

3.3 We are checking Income from salaried employment overseas (with job offer in the UK) then it says Indicate which option you are relying on,  Category A or Category B.  The category instructions are not clear... are we A or B since it is all employment here and then there?

Category A is if he has been with his US employer, earning at least £18,600, for more than 6 months before applying.

Category B is if he hasn't been with the same US employer and/or hasn't been earning £18,600 in the US for at least 6 months, but he has earned £18,600 in the US in the last 12 months through other employment during the year.

Whether you are applying under Category A or Category B will determine what evidence you need to include for the visa (6 months or 12 months of payslips and bank statements), so it's not really something to be figuring out last minute!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:44:41 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 05:42:34 PM »
I have 12 months of pay slips and bank statements already sorted out and the letter from his current employer stating is current salary plus previous year salary as he recently got a raise.  Also states his start date of nearly 3 years ago and his title.  However the how to fill out this form instructions left us both questioning some of our answers.  So am filling one out so I can copy of directly when done. 

In the instructions for 1.19 on have you lived with your sponsor, it says to provide addresses of where we have lived together.  BUT the box is not that big.  I will double check instructions. 

Thank you for all the help.  We have looked through everything so much it is helpful to have a virtual second set of eyes.  It is all pretty straight forward, but yet not. 

Thanks again!

Chrissy

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 05:53:19 PM »
I have 12 months of pay slips and bank statements already sorted out and the letter from his current employer stating is current salary plus previous year salary as he recently got a raise.  Also states his start date of nearly 3 years ago and his title.  However the how to fill out this form instructions left us both questioning some of our answers.  So am filling one out so I can copy of directly when done.

If he has been with his current employer for more than 6 months in the US, earning at least £18,600 for at least 6 months, you don't need 12 months of bank statements/payslips, you only need 6 months, as you are applying under Category A.

You need:
- letter from current employer
- 6 months of payslips
- 6 months of bank statements
- letter from new UK employer
- official job contract for new UK job 

In the instructions for 1.19 on have you lived with your sponsor, it says to provide addresses of where we have lived together.  BUT the box is not that big.  I will double check instructions. 

Ah, sorry - I responded without checking the form. Just looking now, it does say to provide the address where you lived together.

You can use the Additional Information section or another sheet if there isn't room,  although the notes read as if they are only expecting you to have lived together at one address, not multiple ones, so you may not need to give the full address for each one.

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 06:25:33 PM »
Ok thanks!  Not sure we can remember every full address for the last 15 years but we have owned and lived in this home since 2002... so probably all they really need. 

Thanks so much!

Sponsored Links