Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Return back home to UK  (Read 550 times)

• Liked: 0
Return back home to UK
« on: September 01, 2014, 08:52:10 PM »

If a British citizen decided to return back home to the UK and bring their husband/wife back I understand that you have Financial requirements of having £62.500 in saving or £18.600 annual income or a combination of income and savings.

If I was to return on the Basis of having £62.500 in savings which is the Financial requirements to bring in my married partner are there any more unexpected Financial requirements to meet after we get in and prove we had the savings ?   

• Liked: 3595
Re: Return back home to UK
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 09:41:50 PM »
Not immediately, but you will still need to meet the financial requirements for each future visa, so if you don't still have the £62,500 in savings by the time you need to apply for the next visa, you will have to find another way to meet the financial requirements instead.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:46:00 PM »
If you are relying on savings to meet the financial requirement you must hold it for 6 months, untouched in a readily accessible  account.  In 2 1/2 years you have to apply to basically renew your visa for another 2 1/2 years and prove again that you meet the financial requirement so if that's by savings, you need to hold £62,500 for 6 months untouched in a readily accessible account.

• Liked: 149
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 12:30:04 AM »
Oh jeez.....good thing I saw this thread. I just figured I only had to sell off enough funds to get through the "door" and into the country with the 62,500, no clue I would have to basically keep it topped up for the full 5 years.
guess it kind of makes sense if they are trying to make it harder to get in the country. I will be doing some number crunching tonight.  If we go this next year I think we may have to rent for a year or two just to make things easier to move money around.
Fred

• Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 12:45:43 AM »
You don't have to have it there for the whole five years, but you would need to show it for the six months prior to any application.

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 04:08:25 AM »
Thanks geeta- yeah I figured that one out. Problem is....I can let the bank account come down quite a ways in the couple years before having to go for VISA #2.....but if I have to sell too many mutual funds in a short period of time for the next VISA it will bump me up into paying tax on capital gains. At this time I think we would just leave a pretty large amount of cash in one or more accounts in the UK and rent for at least a year or two. That way if a house comes up we really like we should have enough to pull the trigger on it. Also at the same time having to make sure that if we do buy a house I would have to sell even more funds to keep the 62,500 account full. Although I guess with my pension etc coming in I wouldn't need the full 62,500 anyway.....not sure what $21,600 a year (over 12,000Pounds) would knock off the 62,500 requirement.

For someone like the OP......I would tend to think having any income coming in would be a big help instead of saving up the full 62,500.....at least if I understand it correctly. I really need to go back and check those calculations....
Fred

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 05:43:28 AM »
With pension income of £12,000 per year you would need £32,500 in savings (£16,000 + (2.5 x £6,600)) to meet the requirement. If you have a decent amount of money in savings that you can leave in the account untouched and won't need to spend that might be a good way to go.

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 01:28:22 PM »
Thanks ksand. That would also make a huge difference to the OP (felix)....or anybody else if they have any kind of job ahead of time.
Fred

• Liked: 0
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 06:14:07 PM »
Oh jeez.....good thing I saw this thread. I just figured I only had to sell off enough funds to get through the "door" and into the country with the 62,500, no clue I would have to basically keep it topped up for the full 5 years.

This is exactly what I thought !
meet the Financial requirements to open the door in which to allow the partner in and get married . . .

I had applied for a visa to enter the USA which had taken 6 months and petition has been approved now in the last month my fiancée' has been diagnosed with a serious illness that has no cure along with myself that has epilepsy, if unable to work Cobra health insurance in US is approx. $700 per month.

Now looking into her to move here with me which I have tried for 8 years since 2012 I cannot believe the changes the government has made.
I shall qualify for an exemption due to my disability on her entry into the UK but it can stop anytime even though my health will not improve, the Governments approach towards me can.

But when it comes to FLR in 2.5 years I shall have to take out a loan approx. £12.000 and hold it in a bank for 6 months then combine it with my income related benefit to qualify . . . once FLR has been approved pay my loan off straight away and apply for another loan £12.000 in 5 years again to qualify for ILR.

Returning back into the UK with my spouse meeting the £62.500 I did not think we would still need to meet £18.600 for 5 years after I qualified I had savings of £62.500 . . . .

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:36:44 PM by felix »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab