Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Financial Requirements  (Read 3323 times)

• Liked: 14
Re: Financial Requirements
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 08:46:10 PM »
Very interesting question.  I hadn't considered it before. 

Best of luck to you.  I hope your wife's health will improve, and that you won't have any financial or visa trouble. 

Will sell soul for Duke's Mayonnaise.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 06:17:05 PM »
Many Thanks to all who provided information which has been helpful, looking at the 63 page list of Financial requirements if you consider returning back home to the UK at the age of approx 63 it appears you have no chance unless you may have the sale of your property to meet 62,500 but in another 10 years it could be 100,000 required.

If a claimant unexpectedly lost their job or Disability within the 1-5 years and could not meet the Financial requirements after entry clearance and were then placed on a 10 year path . . . after being in touch with UKBA they could not answer my question what happens after the 10 years, i have also been in touch with an Immigration Attorney and neither do they know the answer !

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:04:02 PM by felix »

• Liked: 342
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 05:13:49 PM »

Remember also that once your wife has her FLR(M) visa, she can work in the UK (if she is able to work) and if she is earning £18,600 in 2.5 years' time then you could still meet the requirements on the 5-year path, even if you lose your benefits.

Both salaries can be added together to make the £18,600. Disabily Living Allowance and it's replacement PIP, are in work benefits.

For those who can't work at all, in any job, they are given the benefits ESA and DLA. Those on both ESA and DLA, meet the financial requirment.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:19:56 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 05:37:10 PM »
if you consider returning back home to the UK at the age of approx 63 it appears you have no chance unless you may have the sale of your property to meet 62,500 but in another 10 years it could be 100,000 required.

If a claimant unexpectedly lost their job or Disability within the 1-5 years

You can't enter the UK and claim Disabilty Living Allowance (now called PIP) straight away, if that is what you mean? You need to have resided in Britain for 24 months of the previous 36 months, before you can claim DLA/PIP.

DLA/PIP is only for those under age 65. Those age 65 and over with health problems, claim the benefit called Attendance Allowance.

If a 63 year old Brit returned now after a few years outside the UK, by the time they could claim DLA/PIP in 2 years time, they would be too old to claim PIP and would need to claim AA.

Can someone on Attendance Allowance use that benefit to avoid the financial requirement? I thought it was just for those on DLA/PIP?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:48:07 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 05:51:25 PM »
You can't enter the UK and claim Disabilty Living Allowance (now called PIP) straight away, if that is what you mean? You need to have resided in Britain for 24 months of the previous 36 months, before you can claim DLA/PIP.

I am not planning to enter the UK and claim DLA !
I have lived in the UK all my life.

Due to my Disability which is a life time condition it will not go or get any better,
I have been in receipt for DLA for several year which was awarded to me for life, but the letter means nothing now as rules and regulations change just as they did with Financial requirements.

If i did plan to return to the UK for my Wife to see more of my side of the country at the age of 63 you have to declare 62,500 and therefore not entitled to any welfare if you have over 16,000 in savings . . .
So you misunderstood that i plan to return at the age of approx 63 and claim disability is not what i have in mind and as you are now aware you have to live off your savings . . .

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:54:12 PM by felix »

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 06:00:53 PM »

For those who can't work at all, in any job, they are given the benefits ESA and DLA. Those on both ESA and DLA, meet the financial requirment.

Those who cannot work at all "if treated Fairly" at an assessment should be awarded ESA and DLA, this has rarely happened over the past 4 years, many people dying in intensive care receive a letter stating they are declared fit to work and all their benefits have stopped weeks later they have died in intensive care.
Also ESA does not qualify you to be exempt to meet Financial requirements, only DLA / PIP.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:03:11 PM by felix »

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 06:04:11 PM »
Due to my Disability which is a life time condition it will not go or get any better,
I have been in receipt for DLA for several year which was awarded to me for life, but the letter means nothing now as rules and regulations change just as they did with Financial requirements.

In that case, what are you worried about?

If you claim DLA and will do for the rest of your life, you will be exempt from meeting the financial requirements for all visas and she will qualify for ILR in 5 years.

If i did plan to return to the UK for my Wife to see more of my side of the country at the age of 63 you have to declare 62,500 and therefore not entitled to any welfare if you have over 16,000 in savings . . .
So you misunderstood that i plan to return at the age of approx 63 and claim disability is not what i have in mind and as you are now aware you have to live off your savings . . .

I'm afraid I am extremely confused - why would you be returning to the UK if you already live here?

What exactly are you trying to do here?

If you live in the UK and receive DLA, and your wife moves here to live in the UK with you, then you will be completely exempt from meeting the financial requirements and will never have to meet them (you will just need to show that you have at least £113.70 left over each week after paying rent and council tax).

This means she will qualify for ILR after 5 years in the UK and the 10-year path should not even be a consideration for you. As long as you continue to receive DLA and you continue to have 'enough' to live on, she will stay on the 5-year path.

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 06:07:28 PM »
I have been in receipt for DLA for several year which was awarded to me for life, but the letter means nothing now as rules and regulations change

For life? I thought they used the word "indefinitely"?

The regulations have changed, but both DLA and it's replacement PIP, remain in work benefits. A benefit to top up any salary loses their disabilty causes them, pay for their extra needs, the choice still remains theirs.

Some who could claim DLA, now don't qualify for PIP.  Some who couldn't qualify for DLA, now qualify for PIP.

Those who are unable to work, still claim DLA/PIP and the benefit ESA. That hasn't changed
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:09:12 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 06:14:48 PM »
Also ESA does not qualify you to be exempt to meet Financial requirements, only DLA / PIP.

Correct, but they aren't exempt, they just need to meet a lower financial requirement. DLA is an in work benefit, so they can use their salary and DLA, to meet the lower financial requirement.

If they can't work at all, they are given DLA and ESA. The ESA amount with the DLA amount, means they meet the financial requirement too.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:16:28 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 06:25:59 PM »
Dear Ksand24,

There appears to be a lack of knowledge on what is going on in the country today,
I claim DLA at present but next year everyone on DLA is being assessed to be transferred to a new benefit called PIP, during this process just like claimants transferring from Incapacity over to ESA 1000's of claimants are being ill treated and loosing their benefit when they should not be loosing it . . . the Government wants approx 1 million of benefits and do not care how they get them off.

Worried about ?
So i am claiming DLA at present, next year during the process of DLA over to PIP they may Refuse the benefit and the governments target is to do this to 31% of all claimants . . .
The fear of bringing over my Fiancee to the UK, and chances of keeping hold of my DLA / PIP is not Guaranteed then i have to sell my property to gather the 62,500 in savings to keep her here and therefore lost all my security !

why would you be returning to the UK if you already live here?

Therefore to avoid the "Risk" of not qualifying for my DLA/ PIP for the 5 years which i should do i may consider moving to USA to marry my fiancee as she has family over there, and would like to return back home to the UK at a retirement age. Going over to USA as you are aware is very expensive due to health care as medication and treatment is required on a daily basis.

Just because a person is in receipt of DLA at present and has a life time disability does not GUARANTEE them their DLA / PIP for life under the way the Government is acting in the UK !
No one tends to realise what is going on in the UK and how the Genuine Disabled are being treated is what is causing the confusion on the post.

I want to stay in the UK !
I am being forced to move to USA !

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2014, 06:36:07 PM »

Those who are unable to work, still claim DLA/PIP and the benefit ESA. That hasn't changed

Several years ago they used the word "For Life" since benefits changed from one to another, today they use the word Indefinitely.

In theory it should not, but under this Government and Iain Duncan Smith
YES IT HAS CHANGED. Due to the assessments being "FLAWED" It is a Lucky Dip some genuine Disabled who should remain on it are stripped of their benefits and some cowboys remain on it as they do not want to take medical records into consideration.

Whether you are familiarised with a company called Atos they have a pile of medical records in front of them and do not know who the claimant is and do not know what their health condition is and do not know what amount of care or attention they require but they at times have made their decision whether they are going to receive their benefit or be denied without looking at their records.

This is why claimants have been denied their ESA / DLA and going through appeals have been waiting 8 months for a decision with no income coming in !
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:41:23 PM by felix »

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2014, 06:51:32 PM »
Correct, but they aren't exempt, they just need to meet a lower financial requirement. DLA is an in work benefit, so they can use their salary and DLA, to meet the lower financial requirement.

If they can't work at all, they are given DLA and ESA. The ESA amount with the DLA amount, means they meet the financial requirement too.

All you require is DLA to become exempt from meeting financial reuirements no lower rate to meet as you qualify with your DLA.

if they cannot work at all ( they should be given DLA and ESA ) but since the change of all the benefits from one to another regulations change every couple of months but today there is NO GUARANTEE you have to "FIGHT" for what your entitled to today, this is why there are so many protests and petitions throughout the UK related to the Disabled requesting to be treated "Fairly" as the new system is "Flawed".

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2014, 07:07:55 PM »
In theory it should not, but under this Government and Iain Duncan Smith
YES IT HAS CHANGED. Due to the assessments being "FLAWED"

Whether you are familiarised with a company called Atos they have a pile of medical records in front of them and do not know who the claimant is and do not know what their health condition is and do not know what amount of care or attention they require but they at times have made their decision whether they are going to receive their benefit or be denied without looking at their records.

It was Labour who brought in medicals for claimants and gave the contract to ATOS, not the present government.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 07:10:49 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2014, 07:18:11 PM »
All you require is DLA to become exempt from meeting financial reuirements no lower rate to meet as you qualify with your DLA.

ksand told you 
you will just need to show that you have at least £113.70 left over each week after paying rent and council tax.

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2014, 07:46:32 PM »

I agree labour brought in the assessments for all Claimants  and chose Atos !!
" But it is this Government changing all the rules and regulations for the worse not labour. . . this government changed the rules and regulations for financial requirements to be increased . . . what have

Genuine Disabled & Financial requirements got in common ?

This Government wants to stop providing Benefits to as many as possible . . . that is why our Financial reuirements have gone up and the first 16,0000 do not count as any savings over 16,0000 you get no support.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab