Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: *CALLING ALL SPOUSE SETTLEMENT APPLICANTS*assistance needed  (Read 2242 times)

• Liked: 0
*CALLING ALL SPOUSE SETTLEMENT APPLICANTS*assistance needed
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:59:32 PM »
Dear readers, hope all is well.

Needed assistance from you guys in relation to my spouse visa which is going to be submitted in 2 weeks time. I've repeatedly gone over everything and I'm also paying a lawyer to make the application for us.
However, we are confused about 2 things:
1: after submitting on line application, "all" of sponsors documents including appointment letter will be sent to the US. Thereafter, Biometrics will be done within a week..., then what!?
We were under the impression that all app and paper load will be given at that office! After reading this very helpful forum, we've been made aware it needs to be mailed to Sheffield and not the US address given. Is that correct?
2: we want to prioritise it, how is that done? Is it done whilst paying for the initial application?
So when all of this is done, we have the biometric confirmation alongside the priority confirmation slip, we then mail all of that to Sheffield, right? Which brings me to my final question.
3: when mailing it across the Atlantic once again, do we send a reply envelope and pay in advance to FedEx or something..., no experience whatsoever with these couriers.

Thanking all of you guys in advance, we have a baby who is 7 months and hasn't been able to see his mum now for 5/6 months. Very difficult for us all!
Thanks once again!!
29/09/2014 - On line application
02/10/2014 - Biometrics
09/10/2014 - Application sent to Sheffield  09/10/2014 - Confirmation from Sheffield
23/10/2014 - Decision made
27/10/2014 - Passport received with Visa
:)))

• Liked: 43
Re: *CALLING ALL SPOUSE SETTLEMENT APPLICANTS*assistance needed
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 02:13:39 PM »
Don't waste your money on the lawyer. If they haven't been able to answer the questions above they aren't worth sh*t.
You should be able to easily find clear concise answers to your questions on the forum. I'm sure someone else will come along with more info, in the mean time, trawl over the last few pages of posts and you'll find your answers. 
Defo stuff gets mailed to Sheffield
Pay for priority on day you send in your application by post.
Set up waybill/online account with fedex or other courier.
Sept 2001 - June 2006: studied at the University of Glasgow and the University of Strathclyde
Aug 2010 - Dec 2010: in UK on holiday visa
Jan 2011: issued fiancée visa
July 2011: issued FLR(M)
March 2012: DD1
June 2013: issued ILR
November 2013: DD2

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 02:33:26 PM »
I think you need to post more information about the situation you are in. Is your wife in the US and you (sponsor) are in the UK?

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 02:36:07 PM »
Thanks eatoomy.
I've thought about the solicitor, but he did say he hasn't done an application from the US before plus I've given him my word, I guess £500 could've been better spent.
I've also just come across another post about -
mailing to Sheffield from the US, via her spouse.
So, another question dear readers, does that mean I don't really need to send any documents to the US with the exception of the appointment letter for biometrics(email?)? as I'm the sponsor in the UK! Should I get spouse to send me all her documents, I can pay for priority over here, attach that confirmation, arrange the FedEx (complicated), and then send it off to Sheffield?
I've made an appointment with my solicitor for next week, a week before application. See how it goes.
Tc
02/10/2014 - Biometrics
09/10/2014 - Application sent to Sheffield  09/10/2014 - Confirmation from Sheffield

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 02:41:20 PM »
Hi Geeta,

You're right I should have.
I'm the sponsor in the UK. All required documents will be ready in 2 weeks. Will then submit application on line with the help of "the professionals".
That's when the question of then what came up after reading various posts on here.

Thanks!
02/10/2014 - Biometrics

• Liked: 134
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 02:43:41 PM »
I am sure ksand or KFDancer will be along soon to give you in-depth answers but I will throw in my two cents as I have just gone through this process.

1: after submitting on line application, "all" of sponsors documents including appointment letter will be sent to the US. Thereafter, Biometrics will be done within a week..., then what!?
We were under the impression that all app and paper load will be given at that office! After reading this very helpful forum, we've been made aware it needs to be mailed to Sheffield and not the US address given. Is that correct?

The US citizen and applicant needs to fill out the online application.  Due to the time constraints, it is best to have all of the supporting documents collected before submitting the application.  Your wife will schedule her biometrics appointment when she submits the online portion of the application.  Once this is submitted, her application must arrive in Sheffield either 2 weeks after the date of her biometrics or 30 days after the date on which she submitted her application online, whichever comes first.  If she is applying from within the US, the biometrics appointment is simply where they stamp her confirmation and take her picture and fingerprints.  They collect nothing and it is her responsibility to submit her own application.  
She MUST send it to Sheffield as all settlement visas are processed there.  The address is:  
International Operations and Visas
6 Millsands
Vulcan House
Sheffield
S3 8NH
United Kingdom

2: we want to prioritise it, how is that done? Is it done whilst paying for the initial application?
So when all of this is done, we have the biometric confirmation alongside the priority confirmation slip, we then mail all of that to Sheffield, right? Which brings me to my final question.

After your wife has submitted her application online and before she sends it, you can pay for priority.  This is done through the VFS website:  http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html
After you have paid, print out a copy of the receipt and include it at the top of her application.  She will also need to make the envelope in which she send her application as 'Priority Service.'

3: when mailing it across the Atlantic once again, do we send a reply envelope and pay in advance to FedEx or something..., no experience whatsoever with these couriers.

She can set up an on-line account with couriers such as FedEx or UPS which allow returning packages to be billed to her.  She needs to set up a return label which is included in the application along with a return envelope.  She will then be billed when Sheffield returns your documents.  Make a note of her number, though, because several people have recently received e-mails asking for their account number.

Hopefully other people can shed more light onto this situation.  I agree that it sounds like your lawyer has not been much help.  Good luck with everything!  I hope your baby is re-united with his mother soon.

*Edited for clarity.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:47:47 PM by Beatlemania »
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 03:50:16 PM »
Huge amount of thank yous', very helpful indeed.

2 more...

1. We have all our documents on standby, confused as to whether or not, to mail my (sponsor) documents to her in the USA, just to have her attach the biometric confirmation slip and then return it back to the UK (Sheffield) from the US.
So, should I do the final send off to Sheffield??? ??? ::)

2. Technical financial requirement question (just spoke to solicitor regarding this)
I read somewhere on these posts that you need to provide 6 months statements/ wage slips, if employed by the "same employer" (category A). It also said, otherwise it would be 12 months of statements and wage slips...(cat B)
How about if you're employed by 2 employers then? I have 2 permanent jobs which exceed the 18.6k. The solicitor said it would still be category A, as it's the 18.6k threshold they look at regardless of number of employers, as long as its within the 6 months and, with the same employers.

I await your valuable input!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:54:42 PM by SeekTheTruth »
02/10/2014 - Biometrics

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 05:51:01 PM »
1. We have all our documents on standby, confused as to whether or not, to mail my (sponsor) documents to her in the USA, just to have her attach the biometric confirmation slip and then return it back to the UK (Sheffield) from the US.
So, should I do the final send off to Sheffield??? ??? ::)

You have two options:

1) You mail all of your supporting documents to your wife in the US, using FedEx Overnight or similar (cost around $100-150), then your wife puts everything together and mails them back to the UK, to Sheffield (cost another $100-200), and also includes an international waybill for return of documents (which will likely be another $100-200, charged when returned).

or

2) Your wife applies online, attends biometrics and gets all her application and supporting documents together, sets up an international waybill, mails everything to you using FedEx or similar ($100-200), then you add your documents and forward them to Sheffield with Royal Mail. Then your wife will be charged for the waybill when they return everything to her in the US).

2. Technical financial requirement question (just spoke to solicitor regarding this)
I read somewhere on these posts that you need to provide 6 months statements/ wage slips, if employed by the "same employer" (category A). It also said, otherwise it would be 12 months of statements and wage slips...(cat B)
How about if you're employed by 2 employers then? I have 2 permanent jobs which exceed the 18.6k. The solicitor said it would still be category A, as it's the 18.6k threshold they look at regardless of number of employers, as long as its within the 6 months and, with the same employers.

It depends how long you have been with your current employer and how long you have been earning a salary of £18,600. To apply under category A, you have to have been with the SAME employer for the last 6 months or more.

- If you have been with your current employer, earning at least £18,600, for 6 months or more and have 6 months' of payslips and bank statements showing this (each payslip must have a pre-tax amount of at least £1,550), then you apply under Category A. You have to provide those 6 months of payslips and bank statements, as well as a specific letter from your employer, your job contract and P60.

- If you have not yet been with your current employer, earning £18,600, for 6 months yet, then you cannot apply under Category A. Instead, you apply under Category B showing that you currently earn £18,600 or more with your current employer AND you have also earned at least £18,600 in the previous 12 months over the 2 jobs... and so you provide 12 months of payslips and bank statements, as well as all the employment information as for Category A.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 06:34:03 PM »
May I ask why you've hired an attorney?  Especially when they have no experience with an application from the US?  Yes, an attorney is advised if you have a serious criminal conviction, a complicated overstay on a prior visa, etc.  You really should save your money.  From what you've written so far, I have no confidence that this guy has any idea what he is talking about...   ::)

£500 would be an amazing week away for you and your wife...   ;D

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 06:55:12 PM »
Hi Ksand24,

I really needed this help, I'm very grateful.

2) Your wife applies online, attends biometrics and gets all her application and supporting documents together, sets up an international waybill, mails everything to you using FedEx or similar ($100-200), then you add your documents and forward them to Sheffield with Royal Mail. Then your wife will be charged for the waybill when they return everything to her in the US).

This sounds very economical.
Would it be okay for me to create an online account from the UK, and set up the international waybill from my side addressed to my spouse (applicant) in the US? I've never used this kind of service before.

- If you have been with your current employer, earning at least £18,600, for 6 months or more and have 6 months' of payslips and bank statements showing this (each payslip must have a pre-tax amount of at least £1,550), then you apply under Category A. You have to provide those 6 months of payslips and bank statements, as well as a specific letter from your employer, your job contract and P60.

I have been with my current employer(s)(I have 2 jobs), for the past 6 months. I will have earned above the threshold which would be £9,300 over the 6 month period, which are reflective on my wage slips and bank statements.
I will be providing letters from my employers outlining details of my permanent contract.
Would the P60 still be relevant for 2013/14, as my 6 month period will have started from April, this financial year?
If I could take advantage a just a little bit more..., in regards to my wage slips.
My employer(s), both, electronically send me wage slips, although, they are very standard to look at, should I get them attested by the employers themselves?
The letters that they are providing will also mention all this in great detail and confirm the wage slips' they gave, dates, gross, net, etc.

Thanks. Patiently awaiting your replies...

KFdancer-
What I would do for a holiday... I guess the reason I hired an attorney (solicitor:)), was that I wasn't confident enough initially. There is 1 thing though.
My spouse has been visiting me as a "visitor" for the past 2 years. 5 months in the UK, then back to the US. In March this year we got married in the UK, she had to leave the UK, due to her 6 month visiting visa. Upon her return she was, "refused of leave to enter".
She was given "removal directions", and the reason they gave was, she had spent majority of her time, in the past two years in the UK (with me), and "were not satisfied that her entry was that of a visitor". It was the most daunting experience EVER!
Needless to say, we will attach a letter to the application and perhaps on the additional info part, on the online application, stating why (genuinely thought it was okay to come as a visitor and have never overstayed, etc)
And finally, I've drafted up a letter from our side and will be forwarding to the attorney asking him what his thoughts are.

So...., what are your thoughts???

Thanks

02/10/2014 - Biometrics

• Liked: 4
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 07:07:47 PM »
Ah, so your wife was turned away at the border? That makes it a slightly different story in that her application will get more scrutiny.  You don't really need an attorney but it makes more sense as to why you hired one.  However, it sounds like the one you hired isn't a very good one.  You should either go it alone or find an attorney that is experienced in this sort of application.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 07:21:25 PM »
This sounds very economical.
Would it be okay for me to create an online account from the UK, and set up the international waybill from my side addressed to my spouse (applicant) in the US? I've never used this kind of service before.

I haven't used the service before either, so I don't have first-hand experience with it. As it will need to be an international waybill, I'm not sure if it can be set up from a UK account or if it needs to be a US one.

Hopefully someone else who has done it/knows more about it will be able to help.

I have been with my current employer(s)(I have 2 jobs), for the past 6 months. I will have earned above the threshold which would be £9,300 over the 6 month period, which are reflective on my wage slips and bank statements.
I will be providing letters from my employers outlining details of my permanent contract.

If you are working 2 jobs at the same time, have you been with both jobs, earning at least £18,600 in total, for more than 6 months? You need to meet the 6-month requirement for each job in order to be able to apply under Category A.

If you haven't been with both for 6 months or more, then you just apply under Category B instead, and provide 12 months of payslips and bank statements showing a total of £18,600 or more earned in that time, as well as a current total salary of £18,600.

Would the P60 still be relevant for 2013/14, as my 6 month period will have started from April, this financial year?

It depends if you're under Category A or B.

If it's A, and the 6 months starts after April, then you probably don't need it, but if you're applying under Category B, I would include it.

If I could take advantage a just a little bit more..., in regards to my wage slips.
My employer(s), both, electronically send me wage slips, although, they are very standard to look at, should I get them attested by the employers themselves?
The letters that they are providing will also mention all this in great detail and confirm the wage slips' they gave, dates, gross, net, etc.

UKVI will not accept internet-printed payslips on their own, so, you will either need to ask your employers to issue you with offical ones, or get the internet ones stamped and signed by HR.

In order to meet the requirements you need:

- the original payslips
AND
- the original bank statements
AND
- the letters from the employers (stating how long you've worked there, what your current salary is, how long you've been earning that salary and what type of employment it is.

If any are missing, the visa can be refused.

The job contract and P60 are technically optional but they may ask for them, so I would include them as well.

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 08:25:18 PM »
A refusal of entry isn't a big deal. (Well, it is a big deal but it's not going to affect your visa).  The only thing that it changes is that you shouldn't use the priority processing service (specifically not recommended in this list of who qualifies for priority processing).  Your application will take a bit longer to process while they look into the refusal.  Be sure to include the paperwork from the refusal to help speed along the processing.

You really don't need a solicitor, but of course it's your money and you can spend it as you see fit.  If you do want to use a solicitor, I would recommend that you contact Victoria Sharkey with Medivisas.

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 08:32:55 PM »
Did your wife use the NHS or work when she was here on her visitors visas?

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 08:59:00 PM »
Hi again,

Ksand24, thank you.

If you are working 2 jobs at the same time, have you been with both jobs, earning at least £18,600 in total, for more than 6 months? You need to meet the 6-month requirement for each job in order to be able to apply under Category A.
I am working 2 jobs at the same time, and have been for the past 6 months. The total income for both of these jobs does meet the requirement. So category A it is!?

UKVI will not accept internet-printed payslips on their own, so, you will either need to ask your employers to issue you with offical ones, or get the internet ones stamped and signed by HR.
This should be easy to do, I will get the originals and get them signed. Everything else that will be submitted will definitely be original copies.

I will be calling FedEx tomorrow morning to arrange the online account with them, and take things from there.

Thank you!

KFdancer- Hi again mate,
Will definitely consider the solicitors you suggested, thanks.
Did your wife use the NHS or work when she was here on her visitors visas?

No to the work, but we did use the NHS whilst visiting, wanted to have our first baby here, it cost me around 5k. I'm aware we need to fill out a section in regards to that, which we will and provide my invoice stating "PAID" on it. I'm assuming it's not a big deal as visitors do have to the use doctors in the countries that they may be visiting. It would've certainly been cheaper in the USA for her.

The only thing that it changes is that you shouldn't use the priority processing service (specifically not recommended in this list of who qualifies for priority processing).

Y'know I read this too somewhere, but the idea of having to wait so long...
I don't suppose you can direct me again to the statement about the priority services could you?

Cheers.
02/10/2014 - Biometrics

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab