Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: *CALLING ALL SPOUSE SETTLEMENT APPLICANTS*assistance needed  (Read 2244 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: *CALLING ALL SPOUSE SETTLEMENT APPLICANTS*assistance needed
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 09:19:49 PM »
Found it:

Settlement visa applicants may apply for this service. Applicants should be aware that they may experience extended processing times if any of the following factors apply:

You have previously been refused a visa for the UK;
You have previously been refused leave to enter the UK;
You have previously been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK;
You have overstayed a period of leave in the UK;
You have been refused leave to remain in the UK by UK Visas and Immigration;
You have any unspent criminal convictions in any country.
If any of the above applies to you, you are strongly advised not to apply for the settlement priority service. You should also not apply for this service if you are applying for a visa to a Commonwealth country or British overseas territory. If any of the above factors apply, please note that your visa application will continue to be handled as a priority and processed ahead of other visa applications but your visa application may be identified as an exceptional case and processing may take longer. UK Visas and Immigration strongly recommends that visa applicants with any form of adverse immigration history do not use this service.

I guess we won't be going with the priority service after all!
29/09/2014 - On line application
02/10/2014 - Biometrics
09/10/2014 - Application sent to Sheffield  09/10/2014 - Confirmation from Sheffield
23/10/2014 - Decision made
27/10/2014 - Passport received with Visa
:)))

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 09:21:55 PM »
I am working 2 jobs at the same time, and have been for the past 6 months. The total income for both of these jobs does meet the requirement. So category A it is!?

Sounds like you will meet Category A in that case.

This should be easy to do, I will get the originals and get them signed. Everything else that will be submitted will definitely be original copies.

You only need them signed if they are NOT originals.

If they are officially issued by the company (not printed from the internet), then they are considered original and don't need to be signed.

I will be calling FedEx tomorrow morning to arrange the online account with them, and take things from there.

Why not just go on the website and arrange an online account yourself? I don't think there's any need to call them to do it.

Thank you!

No problem :).

No to the work, but we did use the NHS whilst visiting, wanted to have our first baby here, it cost me around 5k. I'm aware we need to fill out a section in regards to that, which we will and provide my invoice stating "PAID" on it. I'm assuming it's not a big deal as visitors do have to the use doctors in the countries that they may be visiting. It would've certainly been cheaper in the USA for her.

As long as you paid for ALL the treatment she received (and you have evidence of the payment), it won't be an issue.

However, if she has £1,000 or more of NHS debt, her visa will be automatically refused.

Y'know I read this too somewhere, but the idea of having to wait so long...
I don't suppose you can direct me again to the statement about the priority services could you?

To be honest, I would probably still pay for priority anyway, because it will get the application put to the front of the processing line and could potentially reduce the processing time by a few weeks (the extra time it would have been sitting in line waiting to be looked at).

I think the reason they advise against it is because they can't guarantee a faster processing time once they start looking at it, as they have to spend more time on it.

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 11:01:03 PM »
Hi Ksand24,

Honestly, you've been way more helpful than the solicitor of mine.

Will do all of those suggestions given. 
I've thought about it, and I will be going ahead with the priority services.

Very grateful for all your assistance. :)

Will be in touch Miss Ksand24
02/10/2014 - Biometrics
09/10/2014 - Application sent to Sheffield  09/10/2014 - Confirmation from Sheffield

• Liked: 134
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 11:13:01 PM »

I will be calling FedEx tomorrow morning to arrange the online account with them, and take things from there.

Thank you!

You can do it online from the UK (my husband did one because he didn't trust my internet skills  ;) ) but make sure that it is through FedEx.com and not .co.uk.  Then you can create the return label through the Make a Shipment tab.  I set mine up in the store and they simply directed me to log into my account on the store computer and helped me to set it up.  Once you finalize it, it will be saved as a PDF which can be printed and included in your package.  I ended up having to call the customer service due to a glitch in the online system on the FedEx store's server but you should be able to do it online. 
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 01:44:41 PM »
Hi beatlemania,

Thanks again,
I'm about to do it now and it sounds quite easy to do, but thanks for the info, really helpful.

All the best!
02/10/2014 - Biometrics

???*SPOUSE SETTLEMENT APPLICANTS*???
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 05:40:17 PM »
Hi everyone

Will be submitting application this coming week, and needed some questions clarifying.

I read a post where it said that the sponsorship letter is a “must", where it outlines what the application is for and details of how we met etc…(to what extent of details should be mentioned?), and it also has a template available. Is it mandatory as mentioned on the post??? I thought the SU07 form would have been enough.

My original wage slips are identical to those available on the internet. They look very original though, but not as some wage slips, that I’ve had in the past. Should I still get them signed? My employers will be confirming my wage slip details on the letters they provide me anyhows!

Im having difficulties with the Air way bill and the return envelope (scheduled pick up). I’d really appreciate some feedback from those who’ve done it. The system doesn’t allow you to date it, for over 24 hours. 

Thanks
02/10/2014 - Biometrics

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 05:56:56 PM »
You MUST submit a sponsor letter as the visa can be refused without it. You can use the template as an idea of what information needs to be in there.

You DO NOT submit the SU07 form because it is not required for a spousal visa.

Don't forget to also print and fill out VAF4a Appendix 2 as it is the second half of the application form.

If the wage slips are printed from the internet, I would get them signed anyway just to be on the safe side.

You can't actually purchase a return waybill, you just create an online account with FedEx or similar and set up a waybill, leaving the details blank, then it will be completed with return address and date and will be billed to your FedEx (or similar) account when it is used.

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2014, 09:58:59 PM »
Thanks ksand24 :)
02/10/2014 - Biometrics

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2014, 02:33:09 AM »

I read a post where it said that the sponsorship letter is a “must", where it outlines what the application is for and details of how we met etc…(to what extent of details should be mentioned?), and it also has a template available. Is it mandatory as mentioned on the post??? I thought the SU07 form would have been enough.

Check the sample letter on the Transpondia website.  We literally copy and pasted that then altered it with our details.  Give them a good (but brief) outline of your relationship.  My husband included our visits with each other, how we met, etc.  You will want to include the fact that you have a child together.  It's not anything complicated, just an outline and verification that you are supporting her visa.  It may also be a good idea for her to include a cover letter addressing the fact that she was refused entry at the border.

My original wage slips are identical to those available on the internet. They look very original though, but not as some wage slips, that I’ve had in the past. Should I still get them signed? My employers will be confirming my wage slip details on the letters they provide me anyhows!

I was a little nervous about my husband's pay slips because, though all originals, three of them were green and three were gray.  Turns out they were fine.  If you are nervous, you can always have your boss sign them. 

Im having difficulties with the Air way bill and the return envelope (scheduled pick up). I’d really appreciate some feedback from those who’ve done it. The system doesn’t allow you to date it, for over 24 hours. 

All I did was make a return shipment (return so they knew to charge me when it was sent back).  I used the US to UK label to send it and, though I did include a return label, the Sheffield Office filled out their own waybill.  Just make sure that they have your account number.  They did use the envelope I included.  Can't help you with the scheduled pick up because I dropped mine off at the FedEx Office.

Good luck!

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 10:46:02 AM »
Check the sample letter on the Transpondia website.  We literally copy and pasted that then altered it with our details.

Just a note here that I would NOT advise just copying and pasting it with your details added.

When Transpondia posted the link to that sample letter, he warned that UKBA are aware of it and know exactly what it says, so if people copy and paste it, they will know exactly where they got it from and will be aware that they didn't compose it themselves.

The idea is that you use the sample letter as a guide for the kind of thing that you should be including, but you write your own from scratch, in all your own words.

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 05:06:59 PM »
Ok, copy and paste was a bad choice of words.  We used it as a formatting guide.  All of the information that we included was our own and so it really didn't resemble the Transpondia letter when we were finished.  It will just give you a good idea of what information to include.

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »
Hi again guys,

We've just submitted the online application form and had our appointment confirmation for the biometrics...
However, we unbelieveably made a mistake (an extra letter) in the applicants middle name. Can I simply put a cross through it, as well as the appointment for biometrics sheet???

Very grateful as always
02/10/2014 - Biometrics

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 08:21:22 PM »
Hi again guys,

We've just submitted the online application form and had our appointment confirmation for the biometrics...
However, we unbelieveably made a mistake (an extra letter) in the applicants middle name. Can I simply put a cross through it, as well as the appointment for biometrics sheet???

Very grateful as always

Yes, just change it by hand on the printed application form and then when you go to the biometrics appointment, ask them to change it in the system for you so it is correct on there as well, and matches the passport :).

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 08:32:06 PM »
 :-[
I can finally have some rest for today

Thanks a lot Ksand24 :) :) :)
02/10/2014 - Biometrics

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2014, 06:59:55 PM »
Hi Ksand24,

Its me again.

Re: Mistake in the middle name
We tried to ask them (at the Biometrics place) to change the spelling (one letter in the middle name).
They said we will need to make an appointment for next week and bring a birth certificate although my passport was in hand!? not very helpful
should i wait for next week (don't want there to be any problems afterwards)? or just go ahead and correct it by hand as I have with the on line application.

Await your response, if its thumbs up, then will need to fedex right away.

hope to her from you soon Ksand24
02/10/2014 - Biometrics

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab