Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Quick ? About my FLRm application (:  (Read 1206 times)

• Liked: 7
Quick ? About my FLRm application (:
« on: September 23, 2014, 03:20:51 PM »
Getting things together for my FLRm appointment on the 4th of October and I just wanted to make sure I have things right (:

So far, I have:
•Completed FLRm (Version 7/2014) application form
•My current U.S. passport (with married last name)
•My previous U.S. passport (with maiden name and Fiancé visa inside)
•Husbands UK Passport
•Marriage certificate
•Husbands Payslips and Bank statements from the past 12 months (I'm assuming it's from October 4th, 2013-October 4th, 2014 because that's the day the application will be submitted and processed?)
{because I'm applying under Category B}
•Will get wedding photos beforehand (as our wedding was just this past Friday)
•Passport sized photo of husband
•Passport sized photo of myself (how many should I provide? 1 or 2?)

Now, for the accommodation requirement, we are still living in his parents home, should I supply the same type of proof I supplied with my Fiancé visa application? (Which was just a letter from his mom, the owner of the house allowing us to live here and a description of the house and the rooms it is comprised of, as well as a recent utility bill to show the address) I didn't supply a land registry document for my previous visa and had no issues at all, should I provide one this time around?

Should I provide my social security card and birth certificate? (They are both in my maiden name)
Should my husband provide his birth certificate and NI card?

Do we need the six (or 12) items of correspondence addressed to my husband and I, if I originally came on a fiancé visa?

And finally, at the end application forms, for section 14, there are several signatures needed for different declarations... I am aware I needed to sign the first one, but which of the rest should be signed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May 17, 2014: Arrived in England on Fiancé Visa, July 24, 2014: Married my husband, September 19, 2014: had our wedding with friends and family, October 4, 2014: Granted first Further Leave to Remain (m)!!!

• Liked: 3595
Re: Quick ? About my FLRm application (:
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 03:58:57 PM »
Basically, just provide everything you did for the fiance visa, but include your marriage certificate this time.

The requirements are exactly the same and basically all the same documents are needed.

You provide the number of passport photos that it tells you to provide - the form is very specific about how many and the requirements for them.

No need to send your birth certificate or SS card - your passport is all you need. No need to send your husband's birth certificate or NI number either - his passport is all he needs.

Reading the application, looks like you'll need to provide the 6 documents addressed to both of you since you started living together in the UK.

For the declarations, you sign the one that says 'applicant' and your spouse signs the one that says 'spouse'.

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:12:14 PM »
We don't really have anything addressed to the both of us, much less myself because I'm on a Fiance visa... No job, no bank account, nothing official

I thought it wasn't a requirement if switching from a fiancé visa?
Ugh... I really hope someone can just clarify this! Otherwise I'm screwed

May 17, 2014: Arrived in England on Fiancé Visa, July 24, 2014: Married my husband, September 19, 2014: had our wedding with friends and family, October 4, 2014: Granted first Further Leave to Remain (m)!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 04:45:39 PM »
Ksand, I also found this answer by you not long ago by doing some googling just now...

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=83530.0

• Liked: 537
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 05:10:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's just terribly worded. Because if you're expected to have 6 pieces of mail from less than 6 months. How can that even work? I had a terrible time getting my name on ONE bill and I'm still not on our Council Tax.

Edit:

It does say at the bottom:
Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide six items; if the items are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:14:50 PM by lyonaria »
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 07:19:51 PM »
Ksand, I also found this answer by you not long ago by doing some googling just now...

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=83530.0

My reply there is now incorrect.

I wrote it before I realised they had changed the application form and now require everyone to provide the 6 documents.

Before this latest version of the FLR(M) (28 July 2014), it was only unmarried partners who had to provide the 2 years of documents, because that is one of the requirements of that visa, but now it is require of all applicants.

• Liked: 47
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 07:37:45 PM »
This seems like a really poorly thought out rule change. It makes sense for people switching to FLR from a spouse visa issued outside the UK, but makes little sense for people switching to FLR either from fiancé or from a PBS visa in country. Apparently the explanation of "we weren't married yet" must suffice for the lack of documents.  I'll be switching to FLR from tier 4 next year and will now be hoarding all our mail just in case. Though obviously I'll have only accumulated a year's worth of stuff by then.
April 11, 2012-Began talking online
June 2012-Officially dating
August 2012-Met in person
Aug 2012-Nov 2012-Tier 4 (General)
Aug 2014-present- Tier 4
Oct 2015-Wedding!!! and spouse visa sometime after that and before the Tier 4 expires

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 08:21:40 PM »
My reply there is now incorrect.

I wrote it before I realised they had changed the application form and now require everyone to provide the 6 documents.

Before this latest version of the FLR(M) (28 July 2014), it was only unmarried partners who had to provide the 2 years of documents, because that is one of the requirements of that visa, but now it is require of all applicants.
But you had just provided that answer in August... It doesn't make sense

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 08:26:58 PM »
FutureMrsHardy, the thing is that they've changed the FLR(M) form (I will add badly).  The FLR(M) form will now also be used for people applying for their second FLR(M).  Therefore the form says you have to have 6 documents addressed to you at the same address.

Where this is badly worded, is those switching from any other type of visa and not just FLR(M) to FLR(M).

As you are doing an in person appointment you do not need to write a letter (you'll be there!).  Just explain to your case worker that you have little if nothing with your name on it thus far.  They will be fine with it.

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 08:37:59 PM »
FutureMrsHardy, the thing is that they've changed the FLR(M) form (I will add badly).  The FLR(M) form will now also be used for people applying for their second FLR(M).  Therefore the form says you have to have 6 documents addressed to you at the same address.

Where this is badly worded, is those switching from any other type of visa and not just FLR(M) to FLR(M).

As you are doing an in person appointment you do not need to write a letter (you'll be there!).  Just explain to your case worker that you have little if nothing with your name on it thus far.  They will be fine with it.
Thank you so much KFDancer for clarifying it for me! I was near tears!!
Not to question your advice, but how sure are you that it won't be an issue? I'm so worried now...
I called the 0300 number on the gov.uk website and spoke to someone who said that a letter from my mother-in-law stating that I do in fact live at the address with my husband would be needed... I just worry as sometimes I hear that they don't always give the correct information

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 08:56:34 PM »
Yeah, I wouldn't waste your money on the 0300 number.

Here's why I say it won't be a problem:

The requirement to change from a fiancé visa to FLR(M) is that you are now married.  This hasn't changed.

What HAS changed is that those of us who will shortly be applying for our second FLR(M) have to provide 6 documents over 2.5 years showing that we live with our spouse.  We are the "first batch" to have 2 FLR(M)'s and so this is new on the form.  UKVI  needs to updat the form to clarify the requirement is for those applying for their second 2.5 year visa, not their first.

I promise this won't be an issue.  Have the letter from your MIL.  If you have anything else you've received in the mail, take it with you, but they won't require it.

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 09:11:45 PM »
But you had just provided that answer in August... It doesn't make sense

I'm sorry... I gave bad advice in that thread.

I hadn't seen the new version of the form at that point and thought I was giving the right answer - I only realised that my advice had been wrong the other day when someone linked me to the new version of the form.

I didn't realise they had updated it and so I accidentally gave bad advice in that thread because I was unaware of the change.

Unfortunately I missed this one... I don't work in immigration and I don't always remember to check the forms for new versions... I'm actually on vacation in the US right now so I'm not really thinking about this stuff too much at the moment.

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 09:24:06 PM »
Thank you KFDANCER and Ksand
I feel much better now (:
Hopefully the rules don't change much in the next 5 years so I don't have to continue to go through these hurdles lol

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 09:57:50 PM »
They change ALL THE TIME.  Morale of the story, do not get any bills, etc., as paperless.  Save everything!  You'll be fine if you do that.   ;D

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 10:43:01 PM »
I'll definitely remember that!(: lol

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab