Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Quick ? About my FLRm application (:  (Read 1205 times)

• Liked: 134
Re: Quick ? About my FLRm application (:
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 11:05:47 PM »
Congratulations on your marriage and good luck at your appointment!
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 7
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 11:19:43 PM »
Thank you Beatlemania!(:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May 17, 2014: Arrived in England on Fiancé Visa, July 24, 2014: Married my husband, September 19, 2014: had our wedding with friends and family, October 4, 2014: Granted first Further Leave to Remain (m)!!!

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 10:40:48 AM »
Just came across this post! I haven't been saving any of our mail and bills over the past year as this wasn't needed before. Needless to say I have just changed all our settings so that we now receive bills by post.

As I've said in other posts, I'm not applying for my second FLR(M) until December 2015....will I be penalized if we don't have mail from the first year of my last visa?

AGH! It's so frustrating - I feel like they are trying to catch you out :(

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 01:25:48 PM »
Just came across this post! I haven't been saving any of our mail and bills over the past year as this wasn't needed before. Needless to say I have just changed all our settings so that we now receive bills by post.

You should have been saving your mail regardless, because you have always needed it for ILR - because for ILR you need to show that you have received mail at the same address for the DURATION of your spousal visa/FLR(M).

Under the old rules, this was only 2 years, but now that it's 5 years to ILR, I assume you will need to show mail for the entire 5 years... and you MUST have mail from the first year for ILR.

As I've said in other posts, I'm not applying for my second FLR(M) until December 2015....will I be penalized if we don't have mail from the first year of my last visa?

If you can explain and have a good reason why you have no mail addressed to you, then you may be okay.

Do you have ANYTHING at all addressed to each of you from the first year?

Doesn't have to be jointly addressed, and doesn't have to be bills, it can be letters from the NHS, DVLA, HMRC, bank statements, building society statements, phone bills, tenancy agreements etc.

AGH! It's so frustrating - I feel like they are trying to catch you out :(

As I said above, this is something you should have been doing anyway, in preparation for ILR... we always advise here to start getting your name on everything and save your mail from the day you arrive in the UK.

So, note to everyone:
As soon as you get your spousal visa and/or FLR(M), save your mail for the entire length of ALL your settlement visas.

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 03:21:34 PM »
Thanks ksand24 - really appreciate it. I don't know how I've missed this. I feel like I'm generally a smart person in other aspects of life but whenever I'm faced with immigration just feel really really stupid :(

I'm sure I have some of those things you mentioned (tenancy agreement for sure...building society book, and letters from the NHS). I'm going to dig them out now and start collecting.

Thanks again.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2014, 03:31:35 PM »
Thanks ksand24 - really appreciate it. I don't know how I've missed this. I feel like I'm generally a smart person in other aspects of life but whenever I'm faced with immigration just feel really really stupid :(

Don't worry - a lot of people find the same thing :).

I'm sure I have some of those things you mentioned (tenancy agreement for sure...building society book, and letters from the NHS). I'm going to dig them out now and start collecting.

The full list of acceptable documents is on the FLR(M) and SET(M) application forms, so you can check whether you have the right documents.

Sponsored Links