Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Lost Passport with ILR Visa in it  (Read 696 times)

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
Lost Passport with ILR Visa in it
« on: September 27, 2014, 11:26:17 AM »
Well I have been here 10 years, I have lost my old passport with my ILR visa in it....what do I do?!

• Liked: 6
Re: Lost Passport with ILR Visa in it
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 12:02:32 PM »
You need to make a police report that it was lost or stolen to start with.  Then apply for a new passport and then apply for a replacement ILR for which you will pay the full fee.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/transferring-a-visa-to-a-new-passport-ecb17/transferring-a-visa-to-a-new-passport-ecb17

• Smiley Gifts World
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 12:29:21 PM »
You need to make a police report that it was lost or stolen to start with.  Then apply for a new passport and then apply for a replacement ILR for which you will pay the full fee.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/transferring-a-visa-to-a-new-passport-ecb17/transferring-a-visa-to-a-new-passport-ecb17
This is what I thought initially but then I saw somewhere (and of course can't find it now!!) that is for if you are out of the UK but if you are within the UK you need to apply for BRP card?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 08:22:26 PM »
Form NTL must be used if you already have indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK as confirmed in a passport or other document issued to you, [/t

This is a bit of a grey area...  Do you have the letter issued with your ILR confirming it still?

It might be worth calling Victoria Sharky with Medivisas.  She can guide you (just a phone call). I hope you don't gave to pay for the whole application fee (how it was done and possibly still is done).

• Smiley Gifts World
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 09:30:59 PM »

This is a bit of a grey area...  Do you have the letter issued with your ILR confirming it still?

I don't have the letter- but I know I have a photo copy of it at work not sure if that will help. Thanks for your suggestions will see what I can find out. Of course this has happened at the same time I am supposed to be starting open university course and need  everything to get my tuition loan :(

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 09:55:10 PM »
Are you sure it's gone?  Or is it misplaced in your house somewhere?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab