Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Back Again  (Read 2727 times)

• Liked: 0
Back Again
« on: October 10, 2014, 03:29:53 AM »
Well, after the sh*t hit the fan with his parents, he took a long walk to clear his head, and we then had a very long talk ourselves.  We are still together after everything.  Though his father at least is in no way happy about it.  So right now my plan is a trip over to see him in February for about ten days.  We're taking things one day at a time.  I haven't been around because I've been trying to make sure things were stable before I started looking again.

Hopefully things will stay stable and we can see how things go in February.

Thanks again everyone,

Sabrina

• Liked: 4985
Re: Back Again
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 09:38:34 AM »
Good luck!  Personally I think he's given you a big red flag to proceed VERY slowly.  I would not recommend leaving your life in the US too quickly.  Make him come to you.   :)

• Liked: 6
Re: Back Again
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 03:09:03 PM »
If children might be in your joint future I would urge extreme caution.  A future separation involving children where the parents are from different countries is an unholy mess.   One or other partner will be forced to choose between living in the same country as their child or the country of their parents.

If kids are not in the future then still proceed with caution (because living away from your country of birth/parents/siblings adds additional stress to a relationship).

I say this as a UK born spouse of a US citizen.  Be very certain before making any big moves.  (My sister, UK citizen, married a Russian - my family likes to live dangerously  ;))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 03:11:23 PM by sdt99 »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab