Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bank Statement Question  (Read 391 times)

• Liked: 0
Bank Statement Question
« on: October 23, 2014, 03:18:13 PM »
Hello
I have been at my job for 6 1/2 months earning £20,000pa however because I started a week into my first month the first pay slip I received was under the £1550 per month.

We were going to apply at the end of September but now we are doing it when I have 6 full pay slips, the last one arriving on 31st Oct and I am due to send the rest of my supporting documents off that day as well. I also have my job offer and contract stating my salary as well as bank statements for the previous 7 months.

As such I have a question. Do my bank statements need to show that final October payment??? If so then do you think I can print my October statement off online, run into the bank (Halifax) and get them to stamp them?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:21:28 PM by georgeh09 »

• Liked: 4985
Re: Bank Statement Question
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 04:26:48 PM »
Yes and yes.   :)

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 06:02:34 PM »
Does anyone have any experience getting Halifax to either print of a couple of pages of bank statements or stamping ones I have printed from home?

• Makeup Guru & Anglophile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 06:25:51 PM »
Hello George,

My husband has Halifax and had to deal with the nuisance of having them print out statements. All you do is go into your local Halifax, explain you need copies of your bank statements, make sure they sign them and time stamp them. These are good for 28 days, if you don't apply for your visa during that time - you'll have to go into the bank and do it again  ::) Mention it's for a visa application and they shouldn't give you a hard time. Best of luck to you!
Met at 2012 London Olympics| Engagement 4-25-13| Married 7-30-13| Hired immigration lawyer 9-13 (waste of time)| Applied for Spousal Visa online 12-27-13| Biometrics completed 1-2-14| Spousal & dependent visas submitted 1-10-14| Application is being processed email 1-13-14| Decision has been made email 1-21-14| Received approved visas 1-24-14| Arrived in London 3-9-14 YAY!!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 06:32:19 PM »
All you do is go into your local Halifax, explain you need copies of your bank statements, make sure they sign them and time stamp them. These are good for 28 days, if you don't apply for your visa during that time - you'll have to go into the bank and do it again  ::) Mention it's for a visa application and they shouldn't give you a hard time. Best of luck to you!

If they are printing them out for you in-branch on official bank stationery, they don't need to be stamped and signed.

They only have to be stamped and signed if they are online statements printed from the internet.

So, either:

- you get them to print you out official copies of your statements in branch

or

- you print them out at home and take them into the branch to be stamped and signed on every page

From the financial requirements (Appendix FM-SE):
(a) Bank statements must:
(v) be:
          (1) on official bank stationery;
           or
          (2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 06:34:44 PM »
And is it just the october one I need doing?

I asked for statements for the previous months and they look like original ones (dated as they would have been if delivered as usual). Do these also need stamping

Do I also need a cover letter from the branch manager?

Thanks for all your help . . . stress levels lowering slowly!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:49:30 PM by georgeh09 »

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 07:35:37 AM »
Can anybody answer?

Thank you

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 08:20:01 AM »
All the information is in my post above. If the statements were delivered to your door or printed in branch you don't need to do anything.

If you printed any of the statements at home from the internet, you must either get them stamped and signed on every page or get the bank to write a letter confirming they are genuine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab