Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Worrisome application issue!  (Read 1644 times)

• Liked: 342
Re: Worrisome application issue!
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2014, 11:29:02 AM »

Is there anything else I should try and get him to write on the letter specifically?

Contact your local Care Trust on the link I gave above and ask them to bill or provide a letter. Your GP doesn't seem to be very helpful towards your problem. If he is being kind to you then he would provide a letter.

Many don't want to bill to avoid the paperwork. He won't have a choice under the new law, but that doesn't help you now.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:31:31 AM by Sirius »

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2014, 11:39:01 AM »
They required me to attend the appointment and sign a waiver with the nurse stating that I did not want one. So at least I don't have to worry about that. Thanks.

What happens when you arrive on a spouse visa and can have free NHS, might want that test, but have signed a waiver?

A very high rough estimate for what I would owe would then be much less than the 1000GBP limit that contributors to this thread have told me would automatically have my application denied. I'm hoping that worst case scenario would be that it would delay the application

From what you have said, it's well under the 1k. It's just a shame your application might be delayed due to a few pounds and you not insitisting you use your travel insurance, or by the GP not providing a letter.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:54:33 AM by Sirius »

• Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2014, 11:54:37 AM »
All ready rang them, they don't provide those services...

She did insist on it but the doctor and my dad were insistent that is was the correct procedure. Regretting even listening to them

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2014, 02:08:05 PM »
I would type up a letter yourself and see if the doctor will sign it.  I would include a brief history of what was done and when.  I would include that you requested to pay as you had travel insurance but that the doctor is choosing to not charge for the services received. 

I really feel for you guys.  This won't prevent the visa, so please don't worry yourselves to bits.  But it's sad they won't help.

• Liked: 56
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2014, 12:36:02 PM »
I very much doubt anyone remembers me wanting to use my travel insurance. His father never mentioned that when he asked their GP if he would accept me as a patient, and when we brought it up it was over the phone when we made the appointment. And this was 10 months ago at a surgery that is in a very over-crowded area, so they are dealing with hundreds of patients a day. Its also an area with high immigrant rates, so they probably deal with this a lot and may not remember me specifically.
I just wish they would bill us. It would be so much easier.
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »
I just wish they would bill us. It would be so much easier.

If the GP is refusing to help you then there is little you can do about it, except accept it and hope that it doesn't delay your application. It's those with total NHS treatment of 1k and over that are refused.

Perhaps take the positve out of this? A GP that won't write a letter to help his patients!!! I wouldn't want a GP like that. Mine wrote a letter of support to a consultant and I didn't even need urgent treatment, but because of his support I was seen in days. Even the consultant commented on how good my GP is. When you get to the UK, look for a better surgery. The good GPs will often have a waiting list to join their surgery. I waited for my GPs list and refused to join any of the other surgeries.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 01:40:11 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2014, 01:15:44 PM »
Oh no, I refused to go back there after I was seen for issues before this even happened. Both my husband and I have experienced a "you just have to deal with it" mentality about problems we had. They double and triple book every doctor and nurse at that place, you wait hours to see a doctor for 5 minutes when you have an appointment, and the woman who took my blood for the labs at the closest hospital couldn't find my vein and decided to continually stab me under my skin 5 times looking for it until someone else took the needle off her and did it themselves. I was bruised for 2 weeks! I have panic attacks from needles now and I've never had an issue with that before in my life. I will NEVER go back to either of those places.

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2014, 11:45:29 PM »
We got a letter from the surgery! And my husband had the initiative to go to the hospital where I had blood taken as well and they just got back to him about sending him an invoice for the small amount we owe them. Thank you all so much for your help!

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2014, 11:07:06 AM »
We got a letter from the surgery! And my husband had the initiative to go to the hospital where I had blood taken as well and they just got back to him about sending him an invoice for the small amount we owe them. Thank you all so much for your help!

Glad to read that. I assume you now enclose the receipt for that payment and the letter from the surgery, with your application?

Sponsored Links