Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What to bring to Biometrics appt?  (Read 485 times)

• Liked: 0
What to bring to Biometrics appt?
« on: October 23, 2014, 07:59:02 PM »
Hello,

I am applying for a spousal visa from New York and I was wondering what documents I need to bring to the biometrics appointment? Do I just need to bring my passport and application or do I need to bring all supporting documents (payslips, etc.) to the appointment?

Thank you for helping!!

• Liked: 3595
Re: What to bring to Biometrics appt?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:30:38 PM »
No, you just take your passport and the print-out of the biometrics appointment confirmation (I think it also says to take the printed application too, but I don't think you need it).

They will check your ID, stamp the confirmation sheet, take your fingerprints and photo and then you leave... shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes in total.

The biometrics are done by US immigration on behalf of UKVI. They don't know anything about your visa application or how you apply or what documents you are supposed to have - they just take your photo and fingerprints and send you home. Then they transmit the biometrics to Sheffield electronically, ready to be linked to your documents when they arrive.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »
Thank you so much!!!

All the supporting documents are already with my husband in the UK and I was worried I would have to have them shipped to the states. Thanks for the information!

• Liked: 134
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 09:50:43 PM »
Like ksand said, you just need your passport and the print-out of your biometrics appointment sheet.  I took everything with me to my appointment (as directed on the online application) and they only wanted to see the two items listed above.  Good luck!
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 10:16:19 PM »
Just to note that what it says on the online application is probably just standard wording - it doesn't necessarily apply to everyone. The online forms are used by people in all countries except two, but the application process is different depending on where you apply.

In some countries you submit your application and documents at the same time as your biometrics appointment - which is all done at a UK consulate, so you have to take all your documents with you. In the US however, you apply by post and the biometrics are taken by a third party (USCIS) on an earlier date.

This page, specifically for people applying in the US, gives information on the application process and states that you only need your passport and biometrics sheet for the appointment:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

• Mary McAndrew Paintress
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 10:50:51 AM »
thanks for going over this topic, I'm going in tomorrow for my biometrics and wasn't sure either. Why does it all feel like a test? I think it's just nerves, I've been waiting so long to get back to my fiance that it's extra stressful!
http://www.marymcandrew.com (my art website)
http://www.zazzle.com/marymcandrew* (my shop with my English and American landscapes + nature paintings and photos on note cards + gift items)

• Liked: 134
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 02:13:13 PM »
It can be nerve wracking, for sure!  But don't panic about it too much.  You are literally just getting your finger prints and picture taken.  It's like going to the BMV!  You will be just fine.  :)
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 02:20:32 PM »
Yeah, nothing to be worried about - they don't care what visa you're applying for, they are just there to take your fingerprints and photo and send you on your way :).

Sponsored Links