Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help! More Application Questions  (Read 302 times)

• Liked: 2
Help! More Application Questions
« on: October 24, 2014, 07:54:22 PM »
The application is more confusing that I expected!  I am applying from the US to join my UK citizen husband.  Under the "Spouse" section of the application, am I to enter all of my Spouses info?  It's confusing because it's labeled "Spouse" at the top, but then questions themselves are worded as if they're asking me, the applicant.  

Also, under Employment, am I to enter my husband's info...the UK Citizen who will meet the financial requirement, or my own??

If I enter my own info, do I enter the amount earned per month in USD or GBP?  It doesn't allow you to enter a symbol.

If I enter my spouse's info...he has just received a job offer which  meets our financial requirement, but the application doesn't seem to take future info into account.  (He made well over the financial requirement threshold in the prior 12 months, and will be starting a job over the requirement on Monday)

Thank you in advance for the help!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 08:03:23 PM by Texgirl »
Online application completed: Oct 27 2014
Biometrics completed: Nov 3 2014
Application packet sent: Nov 5 2014
Documents delivered by UPS: Nov 7 2014
Email confirmation from Sheffield: Nov 10 2014
Decision email received:  Nov 20 2014
Visa arrived: Nov 22
Moved to England: 11 Dec 2014
FLR-M Application Sent:  13 June 2017
Decision Made: 27 July 2017
Biometric Residence Card Received: 28 July 2017
Decision Letter and Documents Returned:  29 July 2017
ILR Decision Email:  ILR Granted 18 February 2020

• Liked: 3595
Re: Help! More Application Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 08:04:05 PM »
The application is more confusing that I expected!  I am applying from the US to join my UK citizen husband.  Under the "Spouse" section of the application, am I to enter all of my Spouses info?  It's confusing because it's labeled "Spouse" at the top, but then questions themselves are worded as if they're asking me, the applicant. 

They should be asking you to enter details about your spouse.

Have you looked at the paper version of the application form? It's almost exactly the same as the online form, so you can work out how to answer the questions before you actually fill them out online. It also has a guide to how to fill it out at the bottom.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/274029/VAF4A.pdf

Also, under Employment, am I to enter my husband's info...the UK Citizen who will meet the financial requirement, or my own??

If it's the online application, then it will be asking about your employment.

The questions about your sponsor's employment and how you meet the financial requirement are in VAF4a Appendix 2, which you must print out and fill in:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270484/VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf

If I enter my spouse's info...he has just received a job offer which  meets our financial requirement, but the application doesn't seem to take future info into account.  (He made well over the financial requirement threshold in the prior 12 months, and will be starting a job over the requirement on Monday)

That's because all the detailed questions about which Financial Category you are applying under are on Appendix 2.

The online application form is just a generic 'applicant's information' form... the rest of the application questions, including the important questions relating to the spousal visa (relationship history, accommodation and financial requirements), are on Appendix 2.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 08:14:16 PM »
Thank you so much, I think I'm just being overly paranoid!  I also forgot about the Appendix having the financial requirement info.

I think I already read the answer to this earlier, but my husband, the UK Citizen, is considered my sponsor, correct?  And I choose "other relative" because they don't have husband listed?

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 08:15:51 PM »
Also, since it's asking about my employment, do I enter my income in US Dollars?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 08:22:38 PM »
I think I already read the answer to this earlier, but my husband, the UK Citizen, is considered my sponsor, correct?  And I choose "other relative" because they don't have husband listed?

Yes - only one person can be your sponsor and if you are applying for a spousal visa, you must be married to them.

It's an error on the online form that they don't have an option for 'spouse' - just tick 'other' and then you can correct it in pen when you submit and print the application.

Also, since it's asking about my employment, do I enter my income in US Dollars?

I think it's up to you - I'm not sure what the form says, but it's not really relevant anyway because they are not allowed to consider your income for the visa. They really just ask to get a picture of your personal situation in the US.

Sponsored Links