Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 28 Days Old/Offer Letter, etc Questions  (Read 312 times)

• Liked: 2
28 Days Old/Offer Letter, etc Questions
« on: October 24, 2014, 09:15:37 PM »
I'm hoping to get some clarification because I thought I had everything squared away, but am getting more confused the more I read.

My UK Citizen husband was living as a permanent resident in the US and working up until September 3, 2014.  His job here was well over the financial requirement for me to apply for my visa.  He has now moved back to UK and gotten a job offer, again, making over the financial requirement.  He got the offer today and they want him to start on Monday.  I was planning to use the scheme that allows me to apply as long as he made at least the financial requirement over the last 12 months, and a new job/offer since he hasn't been employed for the last month.  However, I believe someone mentioned to me before that he can't have started his job yet in order for me to apply under that scheme.  Is that true?  Because that seems a bit unreasonable.  He still has to mail me his offer letter so that I can apply.  

Also, since he's been away in England and not working, but still meets the financial requirement, do I need to get his bank statements up to the date I apply, or only up to the date that he last got paid in the US?  I got the statements printed from the bank and signed/dated by the bank manager before he left, which was longer than 28 days ago, so I guess I'll need to get them reprinted.  Is that what they mean by no older than 28 days old?  His pay stubs will obviously be older than 28 days old because they extend back a year.  His most recent pay stub is less than 28 days old (I believe) because he got paid after he left).  Am I missing something here?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:17:25 PM by Texgirl »
Online application completed: Oct 27 2014
Biometrics completed: Nov 3 2014
Application packet sent: Nov 5 2014
Documents delivered by UPS: Nov 7 2014
Email confirmation from Sheffield: Nov 10 2014
Decision email received:  Nov 20 2014
Visa arrived: Nov 22
Moved to England: 11 Dec 2014
FLR-M Application Sent:  13 June 2017
Decision Made: 27 July 2017
Biometric Residence Card Received: 28 July 2017
Decision Letter and Documents Returned:  29 July 2017
ILR Decision Email:  ILR Granted 18 February 2020

• Liked: 2
Re: 28 Days Old/Offer Letter, etc Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 09:35:58 PM »
Also, I'm re-reading the financial requirements, and I do not see anything stating that my partner can not have started his job prior to me applying.  Someone did say that to me on here and it seemed others confirmed it.  I think I may be getting confused and nervous unnecessarily.  I THINK I only need to get the bank statements reprinted (the manager insisted on signing and dating them even though I did have them printed in the branch, so that date will be more than 28 days old).  All of his paystubs are the originals from his company.  I guess I just need to know if I need to get his bank statements up to the date that he starts his job, even though he hasn't had direct deposit of his employment income for the past month.  Also, just to confirm, all of the other evidence I submit (letter stating I have a place to live and the council tax bill, etc) can be slightly over 28 days old, correct?  The 28 day rule only applies to the financial evidence, correct?
Online application completed: Oct 27 2014
Biometrics completed: Nov 3 2014
Application packet sent: Nov 5 2014
Documents delivered by UPS: Nov 7 2014
Email confirmation from Sheffield: Nov 10 2014
Decision email received:  Nov 20 2014
Visa arrived: Nov 22
Moved to England: 11 Dec 2014
FLR-M Application Sent:  13 June 2017
Decision Made: 27 July 2017
Biometric Residence Card Received: 28 July 2017
Decision Letter and Documents Returned:  29 July 2017
ILR Decision Email:  ILR Granted 18 February 2020

• Liked: 3595
Re: 28 Days Old/Offer Letter, etc Questions
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 10:27:14 PM »
It's not a 'scheme', it's just a different financial category under which you apply for the visa - there are 7 different categories, A-G and you will be applying under Category B, rather than Category A, so you fill out the corresponding section of Appendix 2 for Category B.

- If he has been employed at his new job for 6 months earning £18,600 when you apply, you apply under Category A.

- If he has not been employed at his new job for 6 months yet, but he HAS also earned £18,600 in the last 12 months, you apply under Category B.

I don't think it matters if he has started the job when you apply as long as his current salary is £18,600 or more AND he earned at least £18,600 in total (US and UK) in the last 12 months.

There has been a new Statement of Changes to the Immigration Rules published last week and it states:

In respect of the minimum income threshold requirement under Appendix FM and Appendix FM-SE:

- Allowing funds to be transferred from a type of investment account which does not count under the rules as an eligible account for cash savings (e.g. because the funds cannot be accessed immediately) to an eligible bank account within the period of 6 months prior to application.

- Allowing an academic stipend or grant to be counted as income where it is paid for at least one full academic year, as well as for a 12-month period.

- Clarifying that a sponsor or applicant living in the UK can, in calculating their employment or self-employment income, include work undertaken overseas

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab