Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Well I got rejected for a visitor visa  (Read 932 times)

• Liked: 0
Well I got rejected for a visitor visa
« on: October 31, 2014, 09:33:41 PM »
And one of the reasons I feel is the strangest.  I fixed the financial part of it and have a letter from my employer stating that i can take a short leave and return but the last was that my fiance and my mom both wrote letter, on their own gmail accounts and the IO didn't believe that he was a naturalized UK citizen. Trying to rush to get all of this done soon so I can visit in December and be there for Christmas. Should I just get him to scan a copy of the biometrics page of his passport and email that to me?

• Liked: 3595
Re: Well I got rejected for a visitor visa
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 06:23:30 AM »
Sorry to hear that you were refused the visitor visa.

And one of the reasons I feel is the strangest.  I fixed the financial part of it and have a letter from my employer stating that i can take a short leave and return but the last was that my fiance and my mom both wrote letter, on their own gmail accounts and the IO didn't believe that he was a naturalized UK citizen.

What's so strange about that? One of the requirements of the visa is that you show evidence of your UK sponsor's immigration status in the UK.

The other most important things to show are:
- your job in the US
- your home in the US
- your finances showing you can support yourself for the duration of the trip
- a letter from your sponsor inviting you to stay with them and offering to support you financially if necessary.

What supporting documents did you actually send if you didn't include these?

Also what was the exact wording on the reasons for refusal of the visa? If you can post it here, we can help to determine which are the most important to address (the main reasons for refusal) and which may have just been 'extras' to support the refusal decision but may not have directly caused the refusal.

If you are going to reapply, you'll want to make sure you address all the reasons for refusal exactly. Also, you can expect the application to probably take up to a couple of weeks longer to process next time because they have to look into the reasons for refusal of this visa.

Should I just get him to scan a copy of the biometrics page of his passport and email that to me?

Yes, although ideally you don't want to send something that has been scanned and emailed, as all the documents should be original. He should send the passport copy (plus maybe also his naturalisation certificate or birth certificate to show he naturalised?) and support letters, plus his bank statements and payslips (if you are including his financial details) to you by post.

From the visitor visa supporting documents guidance:

Applicant:
- Application form
- Biometrics confirmation
- Planned itinerary for the trip
- Your current and all previous passports
- One passport sized colour photograph
- Evidence of your marital status (not required if you are single)
- Plus, any official documentation regarding previous visa refusals or entries to the UK, any criminal convictions etc.

Applicant's finances and employment
- Evidence of your current employment (a letter from your employer on company headed paper – detailing your salary and the length of your employment, confirming that you have been given time off work, and stating whether this time off is paid or unpaid)
- Bank statements or bank books (Showing what has been paid in and out of an account for up to the previous six months, and naming the account holder.)
- Payslips (Covering up to the previous six months)

Applicant's Accommodation while in the UK
Details of accommodation and return travel bookings (if staying with your sponsor, accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant confirming that you are able to stay there)

Sponsor's Details
- Supporting letter(s) from your friend or sponsor in the UK (If you are visiting a friend you may wish to include a letter of invitation from them as well as their financial documents, as outlined in the finances and employment section above).
- Sponsor's immigration status in the UK

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 04:12:55 AM »
Apologies for the delayed response! Travel for family weddings and such.

I admit I was naive when I applied as I did not have a job so wrote of my family ties. They denied me on the basis of having no ties to the USA as I live with my parents and at the time did not have any job. Now I do and am obtaining a letter from them stating the dates I will be gone and that they expect me back in addition to offer letters from another job that hires in January. I know it's not advised but I did book tickets and then scared the crap out of myself by reading that flying through Dublin may be considered illegal entry (not my intention it really was the cheapest flight).

The second reason was not having access to enough funds. I sent in statements for my 401k that I subsequently cashed in. It was significant and was only in my name but they cited the fact that it was a retirement account. This time around I will be submitting credit card bills with available balances and going to my bank for a firm statement. My boyfriend sent in a payslip and stated that he would support me for the 3 weeks also if need be. He now makes enough that we can apply for a fiance visa in March!

The last was that they did not believe my boyfriend was a UK citizen so I got a copy of his passport photo page. Hope all of this is the right information and if anything else needs to be included in this packet please let me know! Thank you!

• Liked: 134
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 11:35:21 AM »
For how long will you be applying to visit the UK?  I only ask because you will not go through UK Passport Control if you are flying via Dublin.  You will be stamped in as a visitor to Ireland for 3 months rather than as a visitor to the UK for 6 months.  Just something to consider.  I wish you luck with this application.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 342
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 12:24:03 PM »
you will not go through UK Passport Control if you are flying via Dublin.  You will be stamped in as a visitor to Ireland for 3 months rather than as a visitor to the UK for 6 months.  Just something to consider.  

The UK and Ireland now share immigration data to protect the Common Travel Area. Dublin EOs will know the UK has refused a visitor visa.
http://www.ein.org.uk/news/home-office-share-immigration-data-ireland-under-new-memorandum-understanding
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 12:40:35 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 01:46:19 PM »
Oh I understand that thy share information. I just naively thought that if I showed up at the border with my bank statements, letter from work, and letters/pay stub from my boyfriend it would be ok. But reading past threads makes it seem like I would intentionally be subverting the UKBA which is not the case at all!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 02:19:29 PM by dctouk »

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »
Beatlemania, I will be staying for 3 weeks. My job circumstances have changed and I am now hired by a company that contracts and that contract starts in January, hence why I didn't see an issue. I understand that Ireland is a 90 day stamp but I don't even want to stay there that long!

My original intention, after my last contracting job ended, was to travel a bit but since then I have a new job that makes more money and my fiance just got the right amount of money to support a fiance visa application therefore don't want to screw any of this up!

• Liked: 134
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 03:05:46 PM »
The UK and Ireland now share immigration data to protect the Common Travel Area. Dublin EOs will know the UK has refused a visitor visa.
http://www.ein.org.uk/news/home-office-share-immigration-data-ireland-under-new-memorandum-understanding

I was just pointing out that the period of entry clearance is shorter; I wasn't commenting on using a UK visa.  Good to know, though.

Beatlemania, I will be staying for 3 weeks. My job circumstances have changed and I am now hired by a company that contracts and that contract starts in January, hence why I didn't see an issue. I understand that Ireland is a 90 day stamp but I don't even want to stay there that long!

3 weeks should be fine, then.  I would just hate for you to get the cheaper ticket via Ireland and then accidentally overstay your time!  Especially if you will be applying for a fiance visa in the near future.  Plenty of time to travel then.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 05:31:54 PM »
Are you reapplying prior to travel?  I really would not recommend chancing it at the border.

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 10:33:34 PM »
I am. I just got a letter from my current employer, signed by the store director but not on letterhead because we don't have any, confirming my LOA and that I will still be employed upon them on return as well as my fiances paystub, passport photo page, my bank account and a few pay stubs although we did recently convert to online ones in the last 2 weeks.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab