Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 3 more questions regarding ILR  (Read 361 times)

• Now I'm home. :)
    • The Wordsmith Desk
  • Liked: 20
3 more questions regarding ILR
« on: November 13, 2014, 08:59:56 PM »
Hi again! :)

1. Because my husband is self-employed, does he have to have his financial proof (accounts prepared by an accountant) notarized?

2. Regarding the cohabitation proof, is it okay that some of my mail is in my married name and some is in my former name (the name that is on my passport/BRP)?

3. Is there anything else that needs to be notarized? I seem to recall having a few things notarized when I applied for FLR.

Thank you!
British Citizenship approval: May 2016
Ceremony: July 2016
Well, she was an American girl, raised on promises.
She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life, somewhere else.
After all it was a great big world, with lots of places to run to.
And if she had to die trying she had one little promise she was gonna keep.

Comprehensive CV/Résumé Preparation
Writing, Proofreading & Editing Services
www.thewordsmithdesk.co.uk

• The Wordsmith Desk
Re: 3 more questions regarding ILR
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 06:34:27 PM »
I checked my paperwork for my fiancee visa and FLR and I noticed that we got my husband's accounts notarized. I'm wondering if since there is no exact income requirement for ILR if we still have to get them notarized. If anyone has any insight at all regarding the above questions, I'd appreciate it very much.
She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life, somewhere else.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 06:59:39 PM »
1. Because my husband is self-employed, does he have to have his financial proof (accounts prepared by an accountant) notarized?

Only copies of documents have to be notarised. You should always send original documents, unless the original cannot be provided, in which case you must provide a notarised/certified copy of the original.

So, if he has the original documents for the accounts, then he just provides the originals (along with copies) and doesn't need to get anything notarised.

2. Regarding the cohabitation proof, is it okay that some of my mail is in my married name and some is in my former name (the name that is on my passport/BRP)?

Yes, that's perfectly fine - in fact, many people are in this situation. Your marriage certificate will show that you are the same person anyway.

3. Is there anything else that needs to be notarized? I seem to recall having a few things notarized when I applied for FLR.

As I said, the only things that need to be notarised/certified are copies of original documents, where it is not possible to provide the original.

All documents are expected to be originals, so there shouldn't be much, if anything, that needs to be notarised unless you don't have the original.

It is now acceptable to send a regular photocopy of the UK citizen's passport, instead of a notarised copy, so if you don't want to send his actual passport, you can send a photocopy of it, but it must be a copy of EVERY page.

ILR is much more straightforward than a fiance visa or FLR(M) - with less requirements (no financial requirement and no accommodation requirement) and less documents needed, so it should just be a case of gathering the documents listed on the SET(M) form and sending off the application.

All you really need to show is:
- you are still married
- you have been living together as a couple for the entire 2 years
- you (the visa holder) haven't accessed any public funds
- you have enough money to live off without you (the visa holder) accessing public funds

• The Wordsmith Desk
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 03:37:39 AM »
Thank you so much, Ksand! You always come to my rescue and I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into answering my (and everyone else's) questions!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab