Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: YouGov profiles the nation’s newspaper readers  (Read 1643 times)

• Liked: 533
YouGov profiles the nation’s newspaper readers
« on: November 18, 2014, 10:04:07 AM »
About we Guardian readers:

"The top three favourite dishes of Guardian readers are likely to be antipasti, aubergine parmigiana and braised endive, they are into hiking and shop at Waitrose"

I am cancelling my subscription. Braised endive?

Regarding DM readers:

"...describe themselves as conscientious but intolerant on occasion."

http://www.theguardian.com/media/yougov-polling-blog/2014/nov/18/yougov-profiles-the-nations-newspaper-readers
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Re: YouGov profiles the nation’s newspaper readers
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 10:11:47 AM »
"but intolerant on occasion."

The thing about this....I mean I guess you should get points for honesty. It would be like putting 'I'm a bit of a bigot' on your online dating profile.

"I have two beagles, enjoy a glass of wine and a chat....but I don't really care for Panamanians."
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 18
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 12:01:50 PM »
That had to have been a multiple choice survey.  I just can't imagine any one person, let alone a group of people coming up with those favorite food choices on their own.

Who comes up with Gambas Al Ajillo, braised endive, or Tarte au citron when asked their favorite foods?!?   ???

And what on earth is stinking bishop cheese?  :o

.... although I might be sorry I asked that question.   ;)

Actually, I wonder what newspaper I should be reading with favorite food's such as dark chocolate Hobnobs (thank you Lyonaria!!!  ;D ), Marks and Spencer's Belgian chocolate sponge pudding covered with Ambrosia pouring custard, and banana, honey, and peanut butter sandwiches?   [smiley=blush.gif]
Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 02:41:18 PM »
I showed this to a friend and he said I was being too hard on DM readers for being intolerant.

But now I am thinking of a thought experiment: Would you rather travel across country in a car with someone who is admittedly a bit intolerant, or with someone who when asked what their favourite food is, replies, 'braised endives'?

• Liked: 18
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 12:46:43 PM »
I showed this to a friend and he said I was being too hard on DM readers for being intolerant.

But now I am thinking of a thought experiment: Would you rather travel across country in a car with someone who is admittedly a bit intolerant, or with someone who when asked what their favourite food is, replies, 'braised endives'?

I just realized I may be a bit intolerant of people who state their favorite food to be braised endives.   ;)
Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

Sponsored Links