Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR (M)  (Read 371 times)

• Liked: 0
FLR (M)
« on: November 20, 2014, 11:21:27 PM »
Hi all,

Just a couple quick questions. I'm currently here on a fiancée visa, we've gotten married and it's time to apply for FLR(M).

I still have the original letters that I used for my fiancée visa (like from his employer and from the council). Can I reuse those letters or get new ones that are more up to date?

Also, I'm going to be applying in person. Does anyone have an idea of how long between completing the application on-line and getting an appointment will take? I know it depends on how busy it is at the time but a ballpark region would help. I just want to know what kind of timeline I'm working with.

Thank you!

• Liked: 6
Re: FLR (M)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 11:25:46 PM »
The most recent pay slip and bank statement can be no more than 28 days old at the time of application.  Other than that, everything should be as up to date as possible.

In person appointments open up 6 weeks in advance so make sure to give yourself enough time before your fiancé visa expires.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 12:15:24 AM »
Sorry, I assumed pay slips and a bank statements are supposed to be the most recent. It's just the letters from the council and his employer I was concerned with. It's not really a big deal getting new ones but it is a couple less things to worry about.

We're looking to book the appointment for any time in December just to be safe. Also, is he allowed to go with me to appointment?

• Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 12:47:17 AM »
He's expected to attend the appointment with you.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 02:19:25 AM »
Get updated letters.

You simply pay online when you book.  You'll hand the paper application in when you attend the appointment.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 08:01:28 AM »
He needs to go to the appointment with you - they expect him to be there.

If he cannot attend (i.e. He is out of the country or in hospital or something), he must write a letter of support for your application which you need to take with you.. He should attend the appointment if at all possible though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 05:41:45 PM »
Hiya!

This is an application that doesn't exist as an online application, unlike the Fiance or Spousal Visa. You'll have to print the application form and hand fill it out. I believe it's 72 pages now? It was 52 when I did it back in July.

You want to have everything be as close to your application date as possible, so new letters from council and his work.

Best of luck with your application! It's not too terribly different than Appendix 2 and the application for your Fiance Visa. All the same documents are required.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links