Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: BEFORE YOU APPLY - Share quick tips / advice based on your experiences  (Read 302 times)

I didn't see a thread for quick tips and/or advice for those who haven't applied yet but are looking for information.

The best advice I can offer based on my personal experience just a few weeks ago is to be very careful when filling out the online application. If your birth date is correct on the application itself but wrong in the account profile you setup on the VISA4UK website, then you won't get a chance to set your biometrics appointment and you will be told to cancel and reapply, even if you've already paid. The refund can take up to 28 business days, so this can turn into a HUGE problem for you very quickly if you're not careful.

WHAT HAPPENS: Although you set the date correctly, if you save or auto-save and return to your application, the month and day remain correct but the year resets to 2014. This makes the system think you're under 5 and don't need biometrics.

HOW YOU KNOW: You'll know there's a problem if the application asks you to fill out information for someone under the age of 18 as well as list your guardians/parents. The section will actually say something like "UNDER 18".

HOW TO CORRECT: Completely abandon the application. It has an error that can't be corrected by you or the tech team that will end up reviewing the error should you try to move forward. Instead, go correct your birth date and start a fresh application. You'll know it's right when you aren't asked under 18 questions AND you're asked to select biometrics appointment date/time. Your old application will just sit there, but since you didn't pay for it, it's not valid anyway.

IF YOU'VE ALREADY MADE THIS MISTAKE: It doesn't do much good to request help. We did this via email and phone, but the answer you'll most likely get is always going to be YOU NEED TO REAPPLY. Save yourself the headache and wasted time and simply reapply as soon as possible. In reading various forums across the web, this glitch has existed for some time (over a year).
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 05:55:54 PM by MarriedToScotland »

Sponsored Links