Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Has anyone appealed lately?  (Read 397 times)

• Liked: 0
Has anyone appealed lately?
« on: January 30, 2015, 01:38:21 AM »
Wondering if anyone has been through the appeal process lately? How long is it taking?
I was refused my spousal visa due to not supplying the correct financial documents. My husband is self employed and we didn't supply the correct documents.  I have heard it could take a year for the appeals process.

• Liked: 85
Re: Has anyone appealed lately?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 02:36:06 AM »
Wondering if anyone has been through the appeal process lately? How long is it taking?
I was refused my spousal visa due to not supplying the correct financial documents. My husband is self employed and we didn't supply the correct documents.  I have heard it could take a year for the appeals process.

You would be better off to reapply.  You would only win an appeal if you can show that the officer made a mistake.  If you failed to send the required documents then the officer had no choice but to refuse the visa.  That would be your mistake and the appeal would fail.
Online Application Spouse Visa - 27 Jan 2015
Visa Received - 16 Feb 2015
FLR(M) In-Person  (Approved)- 4 Jan 2018
ILR (M) Approval - 23 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) - 28 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) APPROVED!!!!! - 10 Feb 2021
Citizenship ceremony - 10 June 2021

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 10:14:21 AM »
You would be better off to reapply.  You would only win an appeal if you can show that the officer made a mistake.  If you failed to send the required documents then the officer had no choice but to refuse the visa.  That would be your mistake and the appeal would fail.

This is 100% correct.  Reapply using your savings.  You can have your approval in a couple of weeks.

• Liked: 163
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 11:32:10 AM »

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 01:20:11 PM »
Thanks! Was just wondering if anyone has appealed or is in the appeal process now?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 01:31:16 PM »
I don't believe anyone here has appealed in the last couple of years.

I only recall about 3 people appealing in the 9 years I've been on this forum. I remember that two of those appeals were justified because their visas were refused even though they sent every single required document, but the ECO overlooked them and refused the visa when they shouldn't have. Therefore they won their appeals.

I also know of one other person recently who could have appealed, since UKVI made a mess of their application and claimed they never received the extra documents they requested (even though they were sent twice), resulting in 8 months of waiting for the visa and then a refusal based on not receiving the documents that were in fact sent, when it should have been approved (they applied from Europe as they were living there at the time). However, this person didn't want to waste even more time waiting for their visa and didn't want to go through another year apart from their partner, so they returned to the US, applied again from there and got the visa in 2 days.

Sponsored Links