Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: "Relationship Evidence" - thought this was weird/strange/funny  (Read 520 times)

• Liked: 57
"Relationship Evidence" - thought this was weird/strange/funny
« on: January 30, 2015, 02:04:29 PM »
So my DH sent my application in from the UK so I never saw the final packet. When they sent it back to me a couple of weeks ago, I honestly just reached in, grabbed my passport and didn't look at any of the other docs until I was packing my important papers the other night.

DH sent a small envelope, sealed, of relationship evidence, wrote on the outside "photos, Skype logs, email logs, etc." - they never even OPENED it.  :P I guess everything else was sufficient!

I'm not saying DON'T send anything...obviously they must need it in some cases...
Met at Disneyland Paris: spring 1995
Dated long distance: off & on 2008-2014
Our twin boys were born: Sep 2009
Engaged: Oct 10 2014
Married: December 5 2014
Online Application & paid PRIORITY Submitted: Dec 22 2014
Visa Received: Jan 14 2015
Arrived in the UK: Feb 28 2015
FLR(M) application mailed: Sep 12 2017
FLR(M) approved: Oct 27
SET(M) application submitted: Feb 4 2020 (super priority)
SET(M) appointment: Mar 9
SET(M) approved: Mar 10
Naturalisation app submitted: Jun 19
No biometrics needed email: July 23

• Liked: 0
Re: "Relationship Evidence" - thought this was weird/strange/funny
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 12:14:48 PM »
For Americans such as yourself, e.g. met in Disneyland, married, have children, they generally don't bother with reading everything unless there is something to make them suspicious, which could be previous denials of entry, multiple divorces in the past, etc.

I also sent in a lot of evidence which I didn't think they would bother looking through, and they didn't (the pages were still stuck together like freshly printed, which is a "feature" of my work printer)

• Liked: 3589
Re: "Relationship Evidence" - thought this was weird/strange/funny
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 08:15:25 PM »
It used to be that if you were married, you only needed your marriage certificate (and a photo) as proof of relationship.

UKVI changed the wording of the requirement a year or so ago, to say that you needed proof of the entire relationship regardless of whether you were married or not. However, I think this is still less important if you are already married than if you are applying as a fiance.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab