Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Renew child passport  (Read 327 times)

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
Renew child passport
« on: February 28, 2015, 03:20:24 PM »
My daughters us passport will expire in 2016. I'm debating on whether to renew it
As we rarely travel to the U.S.  can I just bring her US birth certificate of abroad birth
Instead of my hubby attending the appointment at the embassy with me.    She has a UK passport which I will definitely renew. I'm not sure I see the benefit in renewing every 5 years if we have to keep attending appointments in London. Bit of a pain in the ass really
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

• Liked: 4985
Re: Renew child passport
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 04:07:49 PM »
If you don't have plans to travel to the US, it's fine to not renew it.  You can travel with just the CRBA if you enter by land or sea but not air.  Your husband can send a statement of support instead of attending the appointment though.

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
Re: Renew child passport
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 07:35:07 AM »
I think we might renew it just in case there is an emergency and we have to travel and stay in the US for awhile.  I'm just wondering now if I can just bring her birth certificate of abroad and UK dad doesn't have to attend.  I think it says yes on website.  Also don't know how many months ahead u can renew. I have emailed embassy
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab