Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Starting again FLR(M)  (Read 817 times)

• Liked: 1
Starting again FLR(M)
« on: March 01, 2015, 11:19:31 AM »
We are planning on applying for the FLR (M) soonish (April) as we have less than 3 weeks til the wedding.

In addition to our marriage license what exactly are we looking at?

My understanding is because my fiancee has been at his job for over a year and a half that his certified palsy's can be for only 6 months which proves in that time he made over half of the 18,600 GBP as opposed to providing the full year like we did before because his surgery made it necessary to reveal the 12 months to prove he met the  financial requirements. Is this correct? Because in the past 6 months he has made over 10,000GBP.

Also I know we need passport photos of both of us and I will need to bring my passport.
We also need proof of address. Considering we live in a house share and pay no bills at all we both have bank statements, I have credit card statements and he has letters from his GP. Will these count and how many are required? We hit a tiny bit of a snag with this with the registry office which blessedly we were able to overcome.

Am I missing anything else? I know it's mental to not fully be enjoying the wedding process and then thinking about the visa but my fiancee would quite like to look for a non contract role again because while this one is technically permanent because he is on contract they don't have to offer benefits like paid days off.

Any suggestions and support as usual are quite appreciated. I already feel I owe several of you at the very least dinner.
Country applying from: USA
Type of visa applied for: Fiance visa (priority)
Date application submitted (online): September 10
Date biometrics taken & documents sent: September 15
Date documentation was received by UKBA: September 17
Acknowledgement email & confirmation priority processing has started: September 24
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Date of decision email: October 6
Date visa was received: October 8
Moved in December 13
Married March 21, 2015
Applying in Person for FLR(M) April 18, 2014
ILR sometime soonish eek!

• Liked: 3595
Re: Starting again FLR(M)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 01:02:38 PM »
In addition to our marriage license what exactly are we looking at?

If you are here on a fiance visa, then you provide pretty much all the same documents as you did for the fiance visa, but this time you include your marriage certificate.

The main documents you need are listed on the FLR(M) application form, though they are not quite as detailed in regards to financial requirements documents.

My understanding is because my fiancee has been at his job for over a year and a half that his certified palsy's can be for only 6 months which proves in that time he made over half of the 18,600 GBP as opposed to providing the full year like we did before because his surgery made it necessary to reveal the 12 months to prove he met the  financial requirements. Is this correct? Because in the past 6 months he has made over 10,000GBP.

Yes, as long as he has been in his job for at least 6 months, earning an annual salary of at least £18,600, he applies under Category A and only needs to supply 6 months of payslips and bank stastements.

I'm assuming, if he supplied 12 months last time, that you applied under Category B, where he hadn't been earning an annual salary of £18,600 for 6 months yet.

A basic rundown of the documents needed:

Applicant (US citizen)
- Completed FLR(M) form
- 2 UK passport photos
- Your passport
- Your BRP card if you have one (you will only have one if your current visa was issued inside the UK, otherwise your current visa is just a sticker in your passport)

Sponsor (UK citizen)
- Either his actual passport or a photocopy of every single page of his passport
- If you are applying by post, a letter of support for the visa, if applying in person, he attends the appointment with you.

Accommodation
- Evidence of permission to live in the house where you are currently living, for example, a valid, original tenancy agreement with both your names on and permission from the landlord to live there

Finances
Category A (earning a salary of £18,600 or more for at least 6 months)
- last 6 months of his original UK payslips showing a minimum of £1,550 before tax each month
- last 6 months of his original UK bank statements showing each payslip deposit
- Original job contract from his job
- Letter from his UK employer stating when he started, his current salary, how long he has been earning his current salary, and type of employment
- His latest P60 (they are issued on April 6th each year, so just depends when you apply as to which one he has)

Relationship evidence
- marriage certificate
- 1 or 2 photos of you together
- 6 documents addressed to both of you at the same address, dated approximately every 4 months for the last 2 years.

However, if you have only just started living together, you won't have 2 years of evidence and may not have 6 documents yet, so just send what you do have and explain why you don't have 6 documents each. The documents can either be jointly address or separately addressed, but they must show you receive them at the same address.

We also need proof of address. Considering we live in a house share and pay no bills at all we both have bank statements, I have credit card statements and he has letters from his GP. Will these count and how many are required? We hit a tiny bit of a snag with this with the registry office which blessedly we were able to overcome.

The type of documents you are allowed to use are listed on the application form, but if you don't have much yet, just send what you do have.

I would strongly advise getting your name on as many bills and documents as you possibly can, because you will need to show this evidence for every visa, and you MUST have official post with your name(s) on, especially things like bills. You will need to start saving all your official mail, so that you have plenty of possible evidence for your next FLR(M) and for ILR in the future.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 09:01:19 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. We will start gathering the docs asap.

We've hit our fair share of snags living in this house share because there are 8 people in this house so everyone pays rent to a management company and they in turn pay the landlord who pays the bills. Fiancee has lived here for 3 years and has seen the landlord 2x's. Managing agent is much easier to get ahold of but we simply cannot be added to the bills. Once we have this FLR he is going to look for non contract work and we are hoping to relocate to our own space but even his bank wouldn't let him add me to his account because my credit would be negatively affected by his apparently.

Such a hassle. Had rough goings proving where we lived for the registry office but luckily they took a bank statement each, a verified copy of his payslip addressed to the house and a letter saying when I moved in and that under consequence of the perjury laws that I still live there. London's not cheap though...we can meet the financial requirement off his job fine but it doesn't exactly pay for our own flat. Hopefully with the next visa my job will ensure that we can move to our own space. Not just for less visa hassle but we would quite like to rescue a cat which of course is banned in a house share.
Acknowledgement email & confirmation priority processing has started: September 24
Moved in December 13
Married March 21, 2015

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 08:37:36 AM »
Finishing up my paperwork for this weekend and I have to say when we are submitting only 6 months of documents instead of 12 I am super confused as to how to fill out the financial bit.

Filing under Category A because if you take his 6 months of payslips, add them together, divide by 6 you get 1,659.83 GBP per month or 19,918 GBP per year. So I put that in as current annal salary and category A.  So I guess where I am lost is for 7.3A iii Have you/your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount specified in xiv below (the 19,918 GBP) continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application?

That does just mean has he earned the 6 month equivalent to that annual wage correct? Paperwork sometimes confuses me and I know we have what we need even if he didn't make that much my savings would cover the difference and then some. I just want to make sure I respond properly.
Moved in December 13
Married March 21, 2015

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 08:49:57 AM »
Has he worked for the same employer for the last 6 months?  Has he made at least £1550 per month in those 6 months?  If both answers are yes, mark yes.

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 09:14:06 AM »
Thanks a million. Only a few more pages and head out and get my passport photos taken and I will be already to go. Fingers crossed but we should be good.
Moved in December 13
Married March 21, 2015

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab