Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Advice - to be on the safe side  (Read 539 times)

• Liked: 0
ILR Advice - to be on the safe side
« on: March 02, 2015, 05:17:01 PM »
Hello everyone, its been a while.

Its now time for my hubby to send off his ILR application (under old rules). I have everything prepared that I think I should but would like your opinions if I am missing something here.

I have included the evenly spread 2 years worth proof of address, 6 months of bank statements and payslips, passports, photographs, Life in the UK test and Biometric residence permit.

When we applied for the original fiance and FLR(M), I had just a part time job and minimum wage, so I had my dad co sponsor, and write a covering letter.

I am now in full time employment earning roughly £15,000 per annum, but my hubby recently lost his job. We have £4000 in savings but it hasn't been sitting there for 6 months. We live with my parents and do not pay rent, just contribute towards groceries etc. Should I still put my dad down just in case with his bank statements? And should he write another letter stating we live at their house?

I ask because it doesn't seem they ask as much of you as the other visas, but I'd rather put too much in than too less.

Any advice welcome ;D

Re: ILR Advice - to be on the safe side
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 05:43:01 PM »
Anybody please?  ??? ??? ???

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 08:20:41 AM »
ILR doesn't really have an income component in the same way the marriage visas do. They are more concerned that you haven't been claiming benefits you are not supposed to claim.

When I got mine my husband was unemployed and we were living with his parents.

You don't need a letter from your dad about his finances, but get a letter from your parents stating that it is ok that you are living in their house.

You'll be fine. I forgot to include our marriage certificate in my application and I still got ILR. ;)

August 2008 - Tier 4 - Student Visa
February 2010 - Tier 1 - PSW
January 2012 - FLR(M)
June 2014 - ILR (finally!)

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 09:41:43 PM »
Thank you! ;D

Sponsored Links