Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for Spouse Visa, both live in the US.  (Read 418 times)

• Liked: 0
Applying for Spouse Visa, both live in the US.
« on: March 03, 2015, 12:35:25 AM »
Hi,

We used this site over 4 years ago when my (now wife) came to the UK since then we moved to the US which was an arduous process and having trialled both countries for 2 years are opting to move back to the UK.

I have read through a lot of posts here but I would just like to confirm I have everything correct and any pointers or advice would be most welcome.

1. We have applied online and setup a biometrics appointment and paid the fee.
2. Then we go to the biometrics appointment

3. We need to get x2 color passport photographs of us both.
4. I have worked for a UK company who have a US entity and will receive a letter stating my guaranteed position when returning to the UK (with wage and length of employment. I will also supply my latest US wage slips). Will I also need to fill out form SU07?
5. Proof of our relationship, some photographs, bills from the past 2 years etc
6. Print off the online application?
7. Both our original passports
8. Wedding Certificate
9. Bank Statements for past 6 months
10. We put my parents address on the application but we will be sorting out an apartment before we move so we should write a letter to address any concerns?

After the biometrics appointment we put all of this together and send to Sheffield UK?

I just feel like something isn't right with the above or we are missing something.

Thanks in advance for any help, I really can't believe we are going through this yet again!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Applying for Spouse Visa, both live in the US.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 08:12:44 AM »
No, you don't include SU07 (different application requires that).  You do need to include appendix 2.

Everything else is good.  Include 12 months bank statements and payslips (as a returning UK resident).  Have a letter from your parents and include their land registry. 

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 12:49:36 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I didn't realize the where to live was going to need proof as I intended to explain that we would not move till we had a place set up in advance.

I best ask my brother in that case but is it going to look odd if I change the address from my parents to my brothers place now?

I also hope this is the correct form:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270484/VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf

Why is this so badly documented in the process now, I would have had no idea it was required if we hadn't done visa applications before.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:03:08 PM by dukespecial »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 02:19:33 PM »
You should be able to change the address now.  I would explain the change in a cover letter.

Yes, you have the correct appendix.  Yeah, the instructions are used for multiple countries around the world so aren't very clear.

Sponsored Links