Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help with wife visiting me in the UK.  (Read 863 times)

• Liked: 0
Help with wife visiting me in the UK.
« on: March 17, 2015, 06:52:23 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I was recommended to this website from the British Expat Forum. I was hoping someone could help. My Wife and 2 young kids are due to come to the UK on May 2nd. My wife is from Canada and I am British (been back in the UK for 1 year). It is only for a visit and will be returning back to Canada the middle of July. They were here in May 2014 and left on Halloween. So they have been out of the country for 6 full months. I have only this year been able to obtain a job making more than the required £18600 as of February to be precise. So no spousal visa has been applied for yet and we know she has to be out of the country while this is being submitted and processed. She is simply coming over because we have been apart for what will be in May 6 months.
My question is this, What should my Wife bring with her to prove she intends to leave the UK in July? And to make sure she is not turned away at Heathrow as I know it happens. We have a mortgage and a car as well as our belongings to sort out in Canada before she moves over here once the Visa is granted. She does not however have a job with having two very young children.
I was going to make sure she had a up to date bank statement showing recent mortgage and car payment. Plus mortgage statement and car loan statement. letter from my mother to say she can stay here free of charge.(This is where I currently live and its more than big enough.) Letter from my employer stating I am fully employed and how much I make per year. Plus proof she has enough money for the trip from our Canada bank account. Also if asked we know the rules about applying for a spousal visa. It would be stupid to overstay if we want to apply for Spousal visa. I fanyone could shed anymore light on what we can do to help her not get turned away at heathrow that would be great. Its all I think about.
Many thanks
If

Re: Help with wife visiting me in the UK.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 07:30:38 PM »
Not able to answer your immediate question, but I was wondering if your wife was eligible for an Ancestry visa or has the possibility of citizenship of another EU / EEA country?

https://www.gov.uk/ancestry-visa/overview

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-commonwealth

This may provide an idea of types of evidence which may be useful to bring:

https://www.gov.uk/family-visit-visa/documents-you-must-provide

• Liked: 26
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 03:35:46 AM »
I was thinking maybe some of the responses to my question may help out seeing as nobody has directly answered yet

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=84729.msg1117314#msg1117314

Maybe the Ancestry option could work - I'm sure you're looking into that.

You say 18,600 but I know it goes up if you have kids, I think it's around 24k. Somebody will confirm. Hopefully your job covers that.

Good luck
LTE received: 21 October 2016
Arrived in U.K.: 25 October 2016
FLR(m) extension: 1 June 2019
ILR 2022

• Maidenhead, UK
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 06:31:13 AM »
Yes, being that he has two children, plus his wife. He will need have earned a salary of 23,400, at minimum. 18,600 if you want to sponsor your wife and then, 2,400 per child.

I was thinking maybe some of the responses to my question may help out seeing as nobody has directly answered yet

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=84729.msg1117314#msg1117314

Maybe the Ancestry option could work - I'm sure you're looking into that.

You say 18,600 but I know it goes up if you have kids, I think it's around 24k. Somebody will confirm. Hopefully your job covers that.

Good luck

Met: Nov, 2011
Started relationship: Feb, 2012
Engaged: October 4, 2013
Married: October 12, 2014
Online Application: February 23, 2015
Biometrics completed: February 27, 2015
Priority processing paid: March 11, 2015
Package sent to Sheffield: March 11, 2015
Application being processed: March 16, 2015
Decision made email: March 17, 2015
Visa Approved: March 18, 2015
Flights Booked: May 10, 2015
FLR (M) application: December 12, 2017
Biometrics invite: December 22, 2017
Biometrics completed: Jan 3,
FLR (M) Approved: Jan 25, 2018

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 06:36:32 AM »
If his kids hold UK passports it won't increase the requirements.

Your evidence sounds as strong as you are able without your wife in employment.  Have you considered applying for a visa in advance so you know that she and the kids won't be turned away at the border?

Unfortunately no one is going to be able say they will definitely be let in.  It will be up to the IO on the day.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 05:58:19 PM »
Thank you for the helpful replies. Kids have british passports so only need £18600. As a Canadian she does not require a visitor visa in advance. I guess the info that I mentioned she will have such as return ticket, Mortgage and car statement, proof of funds and my employment letter, letter from my mother about free place to stay. Will have to do, I can't see them refusing her entry with all of those things to show. Plus she has been in uk before and left without overstaying so she has a good history. I will get her health insurance as well for the visit. I realise that no one can guarantee she will not get turned away, but what I really wanted was to know if there was something really obvious she could also provide that I have not thought of. She knows the law about applying for the spousal visa to. She knows she needs to be back in Canada while it is being processed.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 09:17:40 PM »
Thank you for the helpful replies. Kids have british passports so only need £18600. As a Canadian she does not require a visitor visa in advance. I guess the info that I mentioned she will have such as return ticket, Mortgage and car statement, proof of funds and my employment letter, letter from my mother about free place to stay. Will have to do, I can't see them refusing her entry with all of those things to show. Plus she has been in uk before and left without overstaying so she has a good history. I will get her health insurance as well for the visit. I realise that no one can guarantee she will not get turned away, but what I really wanted was to know if there was something really obvious she could also provide that I have not thought of. She knows the law about applying for the spousal visa to. She knows she needs to be back in Canada while it is being processed.

Honestly, I think they will be fine.

• Liked: 57
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 07:20:31 PM »
As a Canadian she does not require a visitor visa in advance.

She doesn't HAVE to apply for a visitor visa in advance, but she CAN and it would be issued for 6 months and then you wouldn't have to worry about the questions at the border and whether the IO is in a good mood or not.
Met at Disneyland Paris: spring 1995
Dated long distance: off & on 2008-2014
Our twin boys were born: Sep 2009
Engaged: Oct 10 2014
Married: December 5 2014
Online Application & paid PRIORITY Submitted: Dec 22 2014
Visa Received: Jan 14 2015
Arrived in the UK: Feb 28 2015
FLR(M) application mailed: Sep 12 2017
FLR(M) approved: Oct 27
SET(M) application submitted: Feb 4 2020 (super priority)
SET(M) appointment: Mar 9
SET(M) approved: Mar 10
Naturalisation app submitted: Jun 19
No biometrics needed email: July 23

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab