Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Marrying in the US  (Read 356 times)

• Liked: 21
Marrying in the US
« on: March 28, 2015, 03:21:19 AM »
My English fiance is coming to the states for our wedding next month. He'll return home afterwards and I'll apply for the spousal visa. He'll have a return ticket of course and he travels on the ESTA, but will he need any more documentation (such as a letter from his employer stating when he's due back at work)?
4/2015 Married
7/2015 Spousal visa granted
8/2015 Moved to England
10/2020 ILR granted

• Liked: 0
Re: Marrying in the US
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 08:53:42 AM »
My (now) husband didn't need anything else when he flew over to get married and for a visit. The ESTA takes care of proving that he has strong enough ties to the UK to need to return at the end of the visit.

Depending on your location, he may need to bring over a long form birth certificate to apply for the marriage license. I'm from Stanly County, NC and that's all that they required from people without a NC drivers license. Give your local registrars office a call and see if they need anything in particular to process the marriage license.

Also, congrats!  :)

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 05:56:49 PM »
The less the authorities know the better, in my experience.

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 08:23:08 AM »
We didn't need any other documentation when my British husband came to the US to get married.  I would make sure you had his long, detailed birth certificate just in case.

GOOD LUCK :)

Sponsored Links