Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question on Spouse Settlement Application Form is Seriously Throwing Us...  (Read 419 times)

• Liked: 0
My husband is in the process of answering the following question on his application form to join me as my spouse in the UK:

Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK overseas territories or the commonwealth in the last 10 years?

He has been to the UK 4 times. On each occasion he has not applied for a visa in advance, but instead been stamped at the point of entry. Do these count as 'visas' to include?

As well as the UK, he's travelled to 6 commonwealth countries last year and again, had visa stamped at the border. Some of these, such as Kenya and Tanzania, he had to pay for. Do these count as visas that need to be included in this list?

We have no idea who the issuing authority are for each country if that's the case!

Please help!

• Liked: 6
They are talking about visas that you apply for in advance of arriving.  If he hasn't applied for a visa in advance answer no.

• Liked: 0
I'm sure the African ones are certainly visas, as they are stickers in the passport stating as much and cost $50 a piece.

So maybe I'll leave out the UK ones stamped at the border and include the commonwealth ones that were paid for?

• Maidenhead, UK
  • Liked: 12
I've also been the Kenya, Ghana and Rwanda, and my VISA's were in my passport. There is a section where they ask if you've been to any countries I think outside of Europe or something and I tried to be as accurate and list the dates, just because I was in Kenya during the elections that caused a huge up roar. I didn't want anyone to think I participated in some war on either side lol.   

I'm sure the African ones are certainly visas, as they are stickers in the passport stating as much and cost $50 a piece.

So maybe I'll leave out the UK ones stamped at the border and include the commonwealth ones that were paid for?
Met: Nov, 2011
Started relationship: Feb, 2012
Engaged: October 4, 2013
Married: October 12, 2014
Online Application: February 23, 2015
Biometrics completed: February 27, 2015
Priority processing paid: March 11, 2015
Package sent to Sheffield: March 11, 2015
Application being processed: March 16, 2015
Decision made email: March 17, 2015
Visa Approved: March 18, 2015
Flights Booked: May 10, 2015