Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Extend T2 ICT Visa by 5 days?  (Read 334 times)

• Liked: 0
Extend T2 ICT Visa by 5 days?
« on: April 13, 2015, 05:14:36 PM »
Hi everyone,

A quick question that I'm hoping someone can help with. My husband has a T2 ICT long term staff migrant visa and I have a dependent visa. Our visas expire Sept 15. As it happens, our dog can't fly until Sept 16 and, for a variety of reasons, we'd like to leave on Sept 20...Is there any way to extend our visa for a short time (5 days), without doing a full renewal?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

• Liked: 342
Re: Extend T2 ICT Visa by 5 days?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 06:27:02 PM »
Is there any way to extend our visa for a short time (5 days), without doing a full renewal?

Your husband's employer would have to sponsor him again, the same for you as his dependant. It would have to be a full renewal (there is no part renewal) and be within the visa time limit allowed for Tier 2 (ICT) and comply with all other Tier 2 (ICT) visa rules.

If you don't leave by the expiry of your visas then you become overstayers.

You could I suppose, leave the UK by your visa expiry and try and enter again as visitors if the IO at the border will allow that. You would have to give the IOs a very good reason why they should let you back into the UK as tourists when your work visas had only just expired.

Don't forget that you will both need medical insurance if you overstay or come back as visitors as your access to free NHS expires with your Tier 2 visas.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:38:05 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 0
Re: Extend T2 ICT Visa by 5 days?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 08:45:01 AM »
BEFORE your visa expires you could leave the country (trip to Spain) and then return AFTER your visa expires. When you enter the UK, you'd enter on a tourist visa (though they might not give you the full six months - have your return flight out of the UK booked because they might give you a hard time). You'd need someone to care for the dog while you're away.

Sponsored Links