Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I know this has probably been asked before........  (Read 662 times)

• Liked: 0
I know this has probably been asked before........
« on: November 08, 2004, 11:08:55 PM »
I tried to find the information on the appropriate thread but unfortunately no luck.  On the fiancee visa, what happens if you do not have a bank account, so therefore no bank statements.  We have not yet applied for our visa, however due to certain circumstances, I am considering closing my bank accounts.  Thanks so much for your help.

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
Re: I know this has probably been asked before........
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 02:28:04 PM »
Does the person who lives in the UK have a steady job, that pays enough to support you both for 6 months on salary alone? You have to prove that the person moving would be able to afford to live in the UK without working or getting public funds.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 02:40:39 PM »
Thanks for replying.... Actually, he does have a very good job, as well as myself, however it is still up in the air as to where we are going to settle, I wanted to make sure this does not become an issue for either place.

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 03:03:53 PM »
If someone comes to the UK as a fiance, they are not allowed to work until they are legally married, so  you will both have to live on one salary until then. It's up to immigration to decide if that's enough.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 03:05:30 PM by sweetpeach »

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 03:39:36 PM »
So if I am understanding correctly then, is both our pay stubs, as well as just his bank statements enough then, will there be a problem if I have no bank statements, only him?  I am sorry this is all just so confusing to me.

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 03:49:47 PM »
Bank statements for BOTH of you is a requirement.  They will want them from you as well.  Unless you've got a very good reason why you can't supply these, I'd hang onto your account if at all possible.  What they want to see is that you are financially able to support yourself and that you are not living beyond your means.  Pay stubs won't really tell them that.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab