Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Marriage Visa (visitor)  (Read 598 times)

• Good Luck to All where your Journey takes you !!!!
  • Liked: 16
Marriage Visa (visitor)
« on: April 22, 2015, 03:35:38 AM »
Hello All i am from Canada/Toronto
I would like to know if i will be able to marry my Fiance under this visa stated above . I am self employed, have been to the Uk twice to visit my Fiance in Doncaster, Know her for over 1 yr.

1) Being self employed and have potential job have a letter coming back after 6mths (return ticket)

2) i have all my docs letters from friends about our relationship along with pictures and sightseeing

3)f funds to take care of myself i will be taking around 5-6000 pounds

4 ) is there anything left for me to to do without being turned down

5) I am Divorced, also will be having insurance for if i get sick.

I travelled twice once in November to Jan 1-2015  and Feb 8 to April 12 2015
no issues
Please help with anything i need to know, worried about the self employed right now not working due to me just coming back I do a lot of contract work in IT, really never had a vacation until i met my Fiance who has given me happiness and love
Thanks in Advance
Eddy
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 04:11:43 AM by eddyj »
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 4985
Re: Marriage Visa (visitor)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 08:28:47 AM »
Well, you'll apply in advance of travelling so you will be able to resubmit and strengthen your application if needed.

You need proof of maintaining a home in Canada while in the UK.
Proof of plans to marry
Plans for where you will settle after marriage

I'm sure you are aware that it takes a long time to marry in the UK, especially since the new tighter measures that just began.  It would be much easier to marry elsewhere.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 11:59:25 AM »
Well, you'll apply in advance of travelling so you will be able to resubmit and strengthen your application if needed.
(answer your question,)  i am hoping to leave in june, been there twice already visited my Fiance
I have a home in place in Toronto, rent a basement apt.
I have proof of plans to marry but the date has been changed due to the new 28 days wait times. My Fiance will pay the 25 pounds to change it.
I will be living with her stayed with her twice already and can prove it both times i have been there, when i filled out my card  on the plane.

Marrying in the UK long times, i dont understand your question... is not 28 days wait time.
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 12:05:34 PM »
Well, we have a few people on the forum who entered in January/February and they still don't have their dates to marry.  The changes are causing some backlog.

Before you give notice, you'll need to be a resident in the UK for at least a week.  The registry office will let you know what type of proof they need from you to give notice.  This usually takes some people some time to sort out.  Then you often have to wait on an appointment to give notice.  Some registry offices are making couples wait the full 28 days before allowing them to book an appointment for the actual marriage.  And then you have to wait for the next available appointment.  It can just be long and cumbersome versus marrying elsewhere.  As long as you are prepared to be in the UK for a few months, you should be fine.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 01:45:31 AM »
From the sounds of it, I got here just in time. I entered the UK the last day of August 2014. Husband and I rang the registry office and booked a date and made an appointment (this was in Cambridgeshire). We did have to bring a letter from a neighbour stating that I had in fact been living there since my arrival. We married December 6, 2014. I just, about a  month and a half ago, received my FLR (M) which I applied for in February. I am relieved for about 30 months now. What is this £500 NHS levy I heard about in another post? I have an NHS card and have only needed to use it once or twice.
Online Application: July 24, 2014 Fiance-Priority
Biometrics: July 29, 2014
Packet mailed to fiance: July 29, 2014
Fiance Received Packet: July 31, 2014
* Had to wait for final bank statements for fiance.
Papers Received and Packet Mail to Sheffield: Aug 2, 2014
Sheffield Received: Aug 5, 2014
Additional Information requested: Aug 5, 2014
Decision Made Email: Aug 26, 2014
Visa Received by Mail: N/A

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 02:04:53 AM »
What is this £500 NHS levy I heard about in another post?

The NHS levy was introduced on April 6th and only applies to people who apply for a new visa on or after April 6th 2015... so it's not something you have to worry about until you apply for your next FLR(M) in 30 months.

Basically, every single visa applicant now has to pay a £200 per year NHS levy (£150 per year for students) when they apply for their visa (it is refunded if the visa is refused).

I have an NHS card and have only needed to use it once or twice.

Your NHS card has no relevance to your NHS care at all. You don't 'use' the card in any way - it's really just for your own records and it simply tells you your NHS number, which is used to identify you in the NHS computer system, in case you ever need to give it to someone.

I spent the first 24 years of my life not even knowing what an NHS number was, or that I had one, since I had never needed to know it. My NHS number was assigned to me when I was born and there was no card with it. I only got an NHS card with the number on it last year (age 30) when I registered with a new GP and they sent it to me as part of my registration documents.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 02:12:43 AM »
What is the function of the levy, if I may ask? And are there any other changes that I should be aware of?

Thanks......Kimberly
Online Application: July 24, 2014 Fiance-Priority
Biometrics: July 29, 2014
Packet mailed to fiance: July 29, 2014
Fiance Received Packet: July 31, 2014
* Had to wait for final bank statements for fiance.
Papers Received and Packet Mail to Sheffield: Aug 2, 2014
Sheffield Received: Aug 5, 2014
Additional Information requested: Aug 5, 2014
Decision Made Email: Aug 26, 2014
Visa Received by Mail: N/A

• Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 11:04:56 AM »
Can't you apply to work here on a holiday/working visa? I'm sure there are allowances for this, it's a similar deal with Australia as they are part of the commonwealth.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 11:45:43 AM »
What is the function of the levy, if I may ask? And are there any other changes that I should be aware of?

Thanks......Kimberly

The function is to help fund the costs of the NHS.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 01:33:23 PM »
Can't you apply to work here on a holiday/working visa? I'm sure there are allowances for this, it's a similar deal with Australia as they are part of the commonwealth.

Over age 30 - if this is the person posting on another forum. Turns out he is either British by descent or can have an Ancestry visa.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:36:13 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 02:22:40 PM »
That to granddad was scottish, but  cant seem to find any DOB certs asked my sister about..also he was fighting in India Dad was born there. also cant find his DOB but trying to work on it
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 533
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 02:46:47 PM »
What is the function of the levy, if I may ask?

May ask? You should ask. As we all should.

The levy came in response to over-inflated estimates of unpaid medical costs of non-EU, short-term visitors/migrants. Called "medical tourism" by the popular press. It is usually represented by an African woman popping over on Easyjet to have a hip replaced or to give birth to quintuplets. See here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2697892/One-14-new-mothers-maternity-tourists-182m-bill-births-short-term-migrants-visitors.html

It happens - though people who come for treatment come in all colours and sexes. Costs are very controversial, and politically biased....no one really knows. Estimates range from 30 - 300 million a year.

It turns out that upon looking into it, medical tourism actually generates mountains of money for the NHS. People come from all over the world, as Britain's best hospitals/doctors are truly among the best in the world. So they attract a lot of paying customers for all sorts of medical treatments.

It is complex. To truly get a grip on the admin/billing many new systems and tech will have to be developed and deployed.....the cost of which far exceeds the sums brought in from the levy. "New systems" is the feeding call for politically connected private consultants, all of whom seem to have Lord So and So on the board.

As to where the money will go....no one knows. Again in the grand scheme of things, levy funds represent maybe a brochure or a redesign of logos.

Nor will these levy funds address at all the issue of people flying in for a visit and needing treatment during their visit.

Nor will they do anything about overdue bills of EU Member State Citizens who use the NHS with their EU health cards.  A lot of these bills go unpaid by their governments and are never cleared. I suspect that the UK has a habit of tossing bills from other countries generated by UK citizens while in say Spain, straight in the bin too. It's probably a wash.

But as to where the actual levy funds will go....again no one knows. The legislation says it will either be distributed to local management authorities to be used at their discretion for "front line services" - a term that no one wants to try and define, or tumped into the General Fund...which is the big tax pool used to fund everything from pothole repair, foreign trade junkets, to nuclear warheads.

Basically they just raised the visa fee by £200 and sold it poorly as a measure to help the NHS.

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab