Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: income requirements for visa  (Read 557 times)

• Liked: 0
income requirements for visa
« on: April 23, 2015, 08:36:49 AM »
Just want to know if we can use my Social Security Disability to cover the short fall for the income requirement?

Re: income requirements for visa
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 10:59:25 AM »
I don't think so, are you getting sponsored by your spouse? If so, it will be based on their income, not yours.

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 11:20:58 AM »
No, the partner's income isn't taken into account at all, it has to come directly from the sponsor.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 11:24:29 AM »
yes .... We are married and I live in the USA and want to move to the UK ... I thought it said you could you other incomes and savings to make up the shortfall.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 11:27:01 AM »
The income has to come from the sponsor though, you wouldn't be eligible for this as far as i'm aware. Your sponsor has to earn £18600 per annum or have the appropriate amount in savings.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 11:35:12 AM »
Am I reading wrong
Financial requirements
E-LTRP.3.1. The applicant must provide specified evidence, from the sources listed in
paragraph E-LTRP.3.2., of-
(a) a specified gross annual income of at least-
(i) £18,600;
(ii) an additional £3,800 for the first child; and
(iii) an additional £2,400 for each additional child; alone or in combination with
(b) specified savings of-
(i) £16,000; and
(ii) additional savings of an amount equivalent to 2.5 times the amount which is
the difference between the gross annual income from the sources listed in
paragraph E-LTRP.3.2.(a)-(f) and the total amount required under paragraph ELTRP.3.1.(a);
or
(c) the requirements in paragraph E-LTRP.3.3.being met, unless paragraph EX.1.
applies.
In this paragraph "child" means a dependent child of the applicant who is-
(a) under the age of 18 years, or who was under the age of 18 years when they were first
granted entry under this route;
(b) applying for entry clearance or is in the UK as a dependant of the applicant;
(c) not a British Citizen or settled in the UK; and
(d) not an EEA national with a right to remain in the UK under the Immigration (EEA)
Regulations 2006.
E-LTRP.3.2. When determining whether the financial requirement in paragraph ELTRP.
3.1. is met only the following sources may be taken into account-
(a) income of the partner from specified employment or self-employment;
(b) income of the applicant from specified employment or self-employment unless they
are working illegally;
(c) specified pension income of the applicant and partner;
(d) any specified maternity allowance or bereavement benefit received by the applicant
and partner in the UK or any specified payment relating to service in HM Forces received
by the applicant or partner;
(e) other specified income of the applicant and partner;
(f) income from the sources at (b), (d) or (e) of a dependent child of the applicant under
paragraph E-LTRP.3.1. who is aged 18 years or over; and
(g) specified savings of the applicant, partner and a dependent child of the applicant
under paragraph E-LTRP.3.1. who is aged 18 years or over.

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 11:51:13 AM »
States income from partner(a) and applicant(b) and Social Security Disability would fall under (c) would it not?

E-LTRP.3.2. When determining whether the financial requirement in paragraph ELTRP.
3.1. is met only the following sources may be taken into account-
(a) income of the partner from specified employment or self-employment;
(b) income of the applicant from specified employment or self-employment unless they
are working illegally;
(c) specified pension income of the applicant and partner;
(d) any specified maternity allowance or bereavement benefit received by the applicant
and partner in the UK or any specified payment relating to service in HM Forces received
by the applicant or partner;
(e) other specified income of the applicant and partner;
(f) income from the sources at (b), (d) or (e) of a dependent child of the applicant under
paragraph E-LTRP.3.1. who is aged 18 years or over; and
(g) specified savings of the applicant, partner and a dependent child of the applicant
under paragraph E-LTRP.3.1. who is aged 18 years or over.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 02:02:16 PM »
Obviously I am not an expert, but I've read numerous times that if the applicant has a pension, receives support or disability payments that will continue after moving to the UK, it can be used.
Met in 1999 online
Married in 2002 on US Visa
Applied for UK Visa May 2015
Waiting dramatically for a response.
Plan to move to the UK Early Autumn 2015

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 02:42:02 PM »
That's what I thought and SSD is considered an early retirement unlike SSI which would stop if I left the USA. And that is my biggest question is SSD allowed to be used for income. Which I think it is I just want to make sure before applying!!!!

• Liked: 18
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 05:00:49 PM »
Obviously I am not an expert, but I've read numerous times that if the applicant has a pension, receives support or disability payments that will continue after moving to the UK, it can be used.

This is definitely my understanding as well.  If the income follows the applicant to the UK, it can be counted against the income requirements.  We used the savings category to meet the financial requirement, and the savings was under my name not my UKC husband (it was just simpler doing it that way for us).
Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

Sponsored Links