Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiancé Visa to Spouse Visa transition  (Read 1014 times)

• Liked: 0
Fiancé Visa to Spouse Visa transition
« on: April 23, 2015, 02:10:51 PM »
Hello all,

My wife and I were just married this past weekend.  I am an American living in the UK and currently in the country on a Fiancé Visa.  We would like to make an appointment to apply for the spouse visa at the Premium Service Centre, but I wanted to make sure we have everything we need for this appointment. 

We still have the Fiancé visa file together, so we are hoping that it will be quick to get the other documents together.

Besides filling out the main application and financial requirements form, what other documents will I need for this particular visa?

-We were told by some friends that we will need 6 documents proving that I live at my address with at least 4 of them having both our names on them.  We have a joint bank account, the council tax bill, water and electricity in both our names.  I have an additional couple letters from 2 different banks addressed just to me.  Will this be sufficient?

-Will I need to have my biometrics done again?  I had them done in December in the states. 

If anyone has been through this transition before, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Fiancé Visa to Spouse Visa transition
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 04:21:15 PM »
Basically it's the same application as your fiancé visa, only updated with your marriage certificate for the relationship proof.

Yes, you will need to bring what you have for mail jointly addressed (or individually addressed since arriving) with you, but as you just recently arrived, you will not be expected to have 6 joint items.  The same form is used by everyone, so that part is confusing for those switching from fiancé to FLR(M).

Yes, you will have biometrics done for each and every application you submit.

You will also have to pay the £500 NHS levy introduced on April 6th before you can attend your appointment.

The premium appointments are great and I think well worth the extra £400.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 10:16:20 PM »
Thank you. Sounds like this go round should be easier for us.

Just to clarify, the new documents I will need for this visa are:
-application
-finance requirements form
-biometrics form
-Proof of NHS payment
-marriage certificate
-proof of joint address

Is there anything else that comes to mind?

Where is the best place to do the biometrics here in London? 

We had a bit of a shock yesterday when we discovered the extra £500 NHS charge.  Man, love is expensive.

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 08:32:45 AM »
You need to look at the FLR(M) form.  There's no seperate index and you won't have a biometrics form until after you mail your app.  You'll have to wait for a letter inviting you to have them done.

You also need all your financial documents and accommodation documents. (Payslips, p60, bank statements, job contract, employment letter, lease/mortgage statement, letter from landlord, etc.).

• Liked: 6
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 04:30:27 PM »
You need to look at the FLR(M) form.  There's no seperate index and you won't have a biometrics form until after you mail your app.  You'll have to wait for a letter inviting you to have them done.

You also need all your financial documents and accommodation documents. (Payslips, p60, bank statements, job contract, employment letter, lease/mortgage statement, letter from landlord, etc.).

Sorry to tag on, but currently going through the same process!  Do we need to obtain a new letter from my husband's employer confirming his appointment or can we use the one from our fiance application?
Online application completed: 15 Jan 2015
Biometrics: 21 Jan 2015
Application posted via UPS Express: 28 Jan 2015
Application received at Sheffield: 30 Jan 2015
Email confirmation: 5 Feb 2015
Email asking for confirmation of return address:  12 Feb 2015
Visa decision: 13 Feb 2015
Visa received: 16 Feb 2015
Flight Booked:  26 Feb 2015
Arrived in UK: 28 Feb 2015
Married:  27 Apr 2015
FLR (M):  29 May 2015

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 05:49:05 PM »
Sorry to tag on, but currently going through the same process!  Do we need to obtain a new letter from my husband's employer confirming his appointment or can we use the one from our fiance application?

I would have one dated within 28 days of the appointment.

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 05:57:06 PM »
I would have one dated within 28 days of the appointment.

Good point!  Thank you!

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 11:05:25 AM »

Yes, you will need to bring what you have for mail jointly addressed (or individually addressed since arriving) with you, but as you just recently arrived, you will not be expected to have 6 joint items.  The same form is used by everyone, so that part is confusing for those switching from fiancé to FLR(M).

So I know we don't have to have 6 items, but I am assuming one is probably not enough?  I know my husband has council tax statements and a few other correspondence, but I think the only thing I have are my bank statements.  Would it be ok to go to the estate agent and ask them for a letter confirming that I am an approved tenant at the same address?

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 11:17:32 AM »
I really wouldn't worry.  Just send the item you have.

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 12:20:14 PM »
Thanks!  Another question (always more!):  I was going to renew my passport with my married name before I applied for my visa, however, my aunt in Canada has taken a turn for the worse and it is possible I will need to go be with my family right after I get my visa.  Can I apply with my current passport in my maiden name?  If so, on the visa application, should I use my maiden name or my married name?

This forum has really been a life saver on immigration matters!  Don't know what I would do without it!

• Liked: 387
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 12:31:53 PM »
Sorry to hear about your aunt.  :(

Your names will have to match, so if you submit an application with your passport in your maiden name, the name you use on application (and the name that will be on your BRP) will be your maiden name.  And vice versa, if you submit an application with your passport in your married name, the name to use on application should be your married name.

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 12:41:52 PM »
Thank you!  These are the times when you realize just how much distance there is between you and your family  :(

Since my visa will be in my maiden name, should I wait until the next FLR application to change my surname?  My passport doesn't expire until 2023, so there is no hurry to renew... just wanted everything to be consistent.

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 01:41:35 PM »
Thank you!  These are the times when you realize just how much distance there is between you and your family  :(

Since my visa will be in my maiden name, should I wait until the next FLR application to change my surname?  My passport doesn't expire until 2023, so there is no hurry to renew... just wanted everything to be consistent.

You CAN change it earlier, but it's a pretty big pain in the tail.  If you are okay to wait until your next application, I would recommend doing it then.  Just remember to book all travel in the name on your passport!   :D

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 11:49:51 PM »
Hello all,

My wife and I were just married this past weekend.  I am an American living in the UK and currently in the country on a Fiancé Visa.  We would like to make an appointment to apply for the spouse visa at the Premium Service Centre, but I wanted to make sure we have everything we need for this appointment. 

We still have the Fiancé visa file together, so we are hoping that it will be quick to get the other documents together.

Besides filling out the main application and financial requirements form, what other documents will I need for this particular visa?

-We were told by some friends that we will need 6 documents proving that I live at my address with at least 4 of them having both our names on them.  We have a joint bank account, the council tax bill, water and electricity in both our names.  I have an additional couple letters from 2 different banks addressed just to me.  Will this be sufficient?

-Will I need to have my biometrics done again?  I had them done in December in the states. 

If anyone has been through this transition before, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi! We're going to get married in July and then do the same. Not sure what to expect. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 11:51:40 PM »

Good luck to you too, and keeping my fingers crossed for your aunt.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab