Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Regarding sports visa  (Read 368 times)

• Liked: 0
Regarding sports visa
« on: April 24, 2015, 12:14:02 AM »
Dear UK-Yankee

I am not quite sure if this is the appropriate place to post this topic, but I didnt seem to find another place for it. Please move it if it is in the wrong place.

We are applying from Serbia for Sports visa that lasts for 6 months, we are coming to GPC European Championship 2015 Powerlifting, Benchpress - Deadlift in Eastbourne. That is the sole purpose of our trip. We plan to stay there for 7 days and come back as soon as the competition is over. We are going to be competing.

Almost everyone except me has a job, I am unemployed, and my family would sponsor the trip. Does that lessen the chances of me getting the VISA?

There are a few questions that are giving me trouble too:

Have you ever worked for any organisation (state or non-state) listed below?
Armed Forces (including National Service)
Government (Central or Local)
Judiciary
Media
Public or Civil Administration
Security (including police and private security companies)?

What does National Service and Government (Central or Local) mean?
Other people have served in army I believe, is that considered as National Service?
No idea if that means going to war or something.

One of the applicants works in Local Self-Government, I dont think this has anything to do with the above?

Overall how hard it is to get a sports visa?

Thanks in advance

• Liked: 4985
Re: Regarding sports visa
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 09:21:50 AM »
Unfortunately this site is for those coming from the USA to the UK.  Serbia will possibly have different rules/requirements that we don't know about.  I'd recommend trying immigrationboards.com where they will be familiar with the requirements from Serbia.  Best of luck!

• Liked: 344
Re: Regarding sports visa
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 10:34:04 AM »

We are applying from Serbia for Sports visa that lasts for 6 months, we are coming to GPC European Championship 2015 Powerlifting, Benchpress - Deadlift in Eastbourne. That is the sole purpose of our trip. We plan to stay there for 7 days and come back as soon as the competition is over. We are going to be competing.

Contact the GPC European Championship 2015 organisers as they will know what you need to do for visas to attend their event.

There are a few questions that are giving me trouble too:

Have you ever worked for any organisation (state or non-state) listed below?
Armed Forces (including National Service)
Government (Central or Local)
Judiciary
Media
Public or Civil Administration
Security (including police and private security companies)?

Other people have served in army I believe, is that considered as National Service?
Yes. "Armed Forces (including National Service)"

One of the applicants works in Local Self-Government, I dont think this has anything to do with the above? Yes. "Government (Central or Local)"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:39:04 AM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links