Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Forum Upgrades, Saturday 9th of May  (Read 5701 times)

• Liked: 24
Re: Forum Upgrades, Saturday 9th of May
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 06:23:26 PM »
Looks really good!

On mobile, the signatures are really long but overall it's much easier to use than before.

Thanks, I'll take a look at this.

Will the new reputation feature keep our current reputation 'points' or will everyone be starting from scratch?
I think with the reputation points, as perhaps with life in general, every now and then it might be good to "reset" everyone's "score".

"Oh you think you've made it? Feeling comfortable and respected?"

"Back to square one my friend, only this time we all have to carry backpacks with paving stones....wearing flip-flops!"

Maybe in some things, but I'm sure ksand's 100+ reputation points (if I recall correctly) show her as a more reputable voice to new members. Once you've been on the forum for a while, it's obvious who the key players are, but when you first sign on, it's tough to know who the trusted members are. The rep points are a good indicator of that, in my opinion.

I've been giving this a lot of thought because I had wanted to swap the Reputation points system for a different post Likes system, which does display how many post likes you've had in your profile, etc. However, I would not want to just scrap other people's achievement on the Rep system. (Those points are not lost. They are still stored in the database, just not displaying right now.) I will see if I can have it add the two together before displaying, so I'll check that possibility first since it's the easiest option. Otherwise, I was considering creating special groups / badges to display the achievements, would that be fair?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab