Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help my husband is self employed starting visa app  (Read 773 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Help my husband is self employed starting visa app
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 04:39:26 PM »
Like Sirius said, ask his accountant to clarify.

An employee of a company will have a contract which gives them sick leave, holiday pay, paternity leave, etc.  The contract will say if he is a permanent or temporary employee, etc.  How many hours a week he's contracted to work, those kinds of things.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 04:46:10 PM »

An employee of a company will have a contract which gives them sick leave, holiday pay, paternity leave, etc.  The contract will say if he is a permanent or temporary employee, etc.  How many hours a week he's contracted to work, those kinds of things.

Whereas a contracter gets paid for the work they do, so no sick leave, holiday pay ect. That's why they are allowed extra tax deductables that those who are employees don't get.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:51:22 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 1
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 04:55:47 PM »
Well, is he self-employed or an employee of another company?

If he's an employee, you would apply under Category A or B.  If he's self-employed, you would qualify under Category F.

Okay just for clarification is it 18,600£ after TAXES AND EXPENSES or just 18,600£ AFTER EXPENSES
03.04.15 - Got Married in U.S.
30.08.15 - Submitted Online Application
02.09.15 - Biometrics Appointment
02.09.15 - Mailed Docs to Sheffield (Priority)
07.09.15 - Received email from Sheffield Visa Section confirming my application was being prepared for entry clearance officer to
be reviewed
10.09.2015 - "decision has been made" email!!!

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 05:05:33 PM »
Just after expenses.  It's the amount that he pays tax on.  As expenses are tax deductible.  We've had a couple of people apply that have been refused as they missed this detail.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 06:38:41 PM »
Like Sirius said, ask his accountant to clarify.

Yes then he is a contractor. He has no contract and can work or take off work whenever he wants basically. He will find out in the next couple weeks what he made last year after expense so after that im guessing we will decide what category we fall under. (Which im guessing is category f or g? Correct?) thank you for being so patient and helping me!
03.04.15 - Got Married in U.S.
30.08.15 - Submitted Online Application
02.09.15 - Biometrics Appointment
02.09.15 - Mailed Docs to Sheffield (Priority)
07.09.15 - Received email from Sheffield Visa Section confirming my application was being prepared for entry clearance officer to
be reviewed
10.09.2015 - "decision has been made" email!!!

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 07:55:12 PM »
Yes then he is a contractor. He has no contract and can work or take off work whenever he wants basically. He will find out in the next couple weeks what he made last year after expense so after that im guessing we will decide what category we fall under. (Which im guessing is category f or g? Correct?) thank you for being so patient and helping me!

Exactly.  It sounds like you'll qualify under either category so that's good.  Do have a good look at the required documents.  They are VERY picky on what they require and you have to provide all the items listed. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab