Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Photographs - proof of relationship  (Read 643 times)

• Liked: 0
Photographs - proof of relationship
« on: May 21, 2015, 06:34:58 AM »
Hello All,

I just wanted to canvass opinion/experience here. When providing photos for proof of relationship, is it okay to supply photos printed off my laptop? I'm applying for my first Settlement visa (wife). I will be using a color printer, and they'll be 8.5 x 11 paper. The Home Office doesn't actually require old-school Kodak-type photographs, do they?

Also, how many here do people typically supply? Say, half-a-dozen going back the past few years? We just got married in April, so I will be supplying a couple pics from that day . . .
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
April 2015: married
May 2015: submitted online application, set biometric appointment, realized we needed more time to gather paperwork which would exceed 30 days, freaked out, canceled applications, waited for refunds
June 25: submitted online application again
July 2: attended biometrics
July 6: package mailed to Sheffield with priority
July 8: package delivered to Sheffield
July 10: received acknowledgment email from Sheffield
July 12: received "decision has been made" email from Sheffield
July 15: passport returned by post with 30-day visa

Re: Photographs - proof of relationship
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 07:03:17 AM »
Hi. That's what we did when we applied for the fiance visa. We printed about 4 I think. Good luck :)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 07:04:07 AM »
Ideally it would be good to supply actual photos (i.e. printed on photo paper), but if you can't do that then I think normal printed ones are okay.

The photos are only to show you have met in person, so no more than 1 or 2 photos should be included in total.

I would recommend sending one from your wedding day and one from earlier in the relationship. Only you and your spouse should be in the photo, no need to include family/friends too.

• Liked: 12
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 02:16:36 PM »
Just wondering -- how many photos would you need to supply to document a 40-year marriage? 
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 02:21:31 PM »
Just wondering -- how many photos would you need to supply to document a 40-year marriage?

I would still just do one or two.  But the paper trail showing that you have been together for 40 years would be pretty big!

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 04:37:01 PM »
Thanks for the replies, everyone! I will probably have to print them out on the computer. I could get actual photographs, but in this day and age, that'll take more time and expense. My new husband and I have plenty of photographic evidence of our 4-year relationship, but pretty much every single photo we have of each other was taken on iphones.  :)
April 2015: married
May 2015: submitted online application, set biometric appointment, realized we needed more time to gather paperwork which would exceed 30 days, freaked out, canceled applications, waited for refunds
June 25: submitted online application again
July 2: attended biometrics
July 6: package mailed to Sheffield with priority
July 8: package delivered to Sheffield
July 10: received acknowledgment email from Sheffield
July 12: received "decision has been made" email from Sheffield
July 15: passport returned by post with 30-day visa

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 08:43:06 PM »
Ours were taken on phones too!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 09:05:12 PM »
Our problem is that we have hardly any photos since our wedding where we're together in the shot because one or other of us is always behind the camera.   So we're submitting a rather badly framed shot taken at Disney by our then 7yo daughter  ;D (plus others of course)

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 08:59:23 PM »
I had a few phone photos and sent them to walgreens online with my phone and got print outs. (Not for this but something else) They're pretty inexpensive.
Met in 1999 online
Married in 2002 on US Visa
Applied for UK Visa May 2015
Waiting dramatically for a response.
Plan to move to the UK Early Autumn 2015

• Liked: 56
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 08:44:26 AM »
I did the same as PandaPops.  For us we are unmarried (EEA permit) so I included six photos over our (then) 9 years together, ensuring I had one of him with my family, me with his, an early shot on our first trip together, another of us with his friends in his country, and us at his US citizenship ceremony. Oh, and one the day we got our new kitties (trying for cute + commitment to animals angle :P) Essentially I tried to hit what look like key relationship "milestones" indicating commitment.

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 08:18:36 PM »
I did the same as PandaPops.  For us we are unmarried (EEA permit) so I included six photos over our (then) 9 years together, ensuring I had one of him with my family, me with his, an early shot on our first trip together, another of us with his friends in his country, and us at his US citizenship ceremony. Oh, and one the day we got our new kitties (trying for cute + commitment to animals angle :P) Essentially I tried to hit what look like key relationship "milestones" indicating commitment.
I love that you used the kitties  haha :)  I would be swayed.
Met in 1999 online
Married in 2002 on US Visa
Applied for UK Visa May 2015
Waiting dramatically for a response.
Plan to move to the UK Early Autumn 2015

• Good Luck to All where your Journey takes you !!!!
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 09:05:56 AM »
I sent in photos of us in Yorkshire, all ovr theplace around 7-8 plus with her parents on Mothers day. great parents she has thou wooow they blew my mind how much they like me,
single and traveller
working on myself

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab