Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: English husbands  (Read 14064 times)

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 0
Re: English husbands
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2004, 10:44:06 AM »
Well Cascode, all I can say is you do a really good impersonation of someone who enjoys conflict in his dealings with others. 

I have to say, this has been my impression at times, too. Perhaps it is the terseness of the replies, opposing more fully elaborated views proffered by others. It is a style which makes debate difficult, because one has to draw the explanation out of Cascode over the space of several posts, each of which is, typically, terse to the point of being telegraphic. We are not suggesting that you remould yourself in the image of Dickens, who could take up three pages describing the weather, but I do agree that when you present an opposing view, you must do just that, present it, rather than allow it to remain nothing more than an innuendo or a tension in the air.

• Banned

« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2004, 06:38:36 PM »
Well Cascode, all I can say is you do a really good impersonation of someone who enjoys conflict in his dealings with others.  I think many of us would appreciate it if you could modify your tone a little instead of responding to everyone's posts in a negative and argumentative fashion.
oooh Britwife....you forgot "Cryptic fashion" as well...  ;)  ;D
~~ bootlegged, disapproved, excluded, forbidden, hot, illegal, illicit, interdicted, prohibited, proscribed, shut out, smuggled, taboo, unauthorized, unlawful, verboten ~~

• Banned

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2004, 06:48:37 PM »

I have to say, this has been my impression at times, too. Perhaps it is the terseness of the replies, opposing more fully elaborated views proffered by others.

Then let me reply simply and with brevity to the original post about English husbands:

Are they all quiet?
I have been married for 9 years 4 months and have to say I have never met anyone who is so quiet.  He won't talk about his "feelings" or about anything else, any advice?

Since ladybug has clearly stated she doesn't want to change him the obvious advice is "DO NOTHING".

• Hi there.
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2004, 08:29:28 PM »
Ah, but if we are back to "simplicity and brevity" - anything can be carried to an extreme; it is possible to turn a virtue into a vice. Never liked Hemingway much, myself...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 08:38:42 PM by misch »

• Banned

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2004, 08:49:52 PM »
Ah, but if we are back to "simplicity and brevity" - anything can be carried to an extreme; it is possible to turn a virtue into a vice. Never liked Hemingway much, myself...
Or Lord Mcauly ?

• Hi there.
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2004, 09:02:53 PM »
I thought Lord MacAulay was more epic in style, no?

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2004, 07:43:59 AM »
This thread seems to be -- at least in parts, some of which have been removed -- turning into a slag fest.  Not nice, peeps.  Not nice at all.

UKLadyBug, I do hope your questions have been answered, but at this point, it's probably best to end the discussion.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 08:31:47 AM by Caitlinn »
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab