Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for Fiancé Visa  (Read 1426 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Applying for Fiancé Visa
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 09:25:04 AM »
That's a possibility but remember the new rules for marrying in the UK - it's at least 28 days between giving notice and getting married and they may refer your case to UKVI for investigation if one of you has immigration restrictions (which you do) so you might have to wait up to 70 days before you can get married.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 09:37:45 AM »
As you're already in the UK, have you thought about marrying now, before you leave, that way you can apply for a spousal visa upon your return to the USA.

One less visa, one less fee.

They changed the rules on marrying in the UK in March.  You have to have a visa that allows you to marry now.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 10:30:45 AM »
They changed the rules on marrying in the UK in March.  You have to have a visa that allows you to marry now.

Really?  The OP can ignore me then in that case as I wasn't aware of the rule change!

I thought it was a notice thing still like in ksand's post.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 10:42:41 AM »
Yeah, sorry I'm at work and can't check the rules right now - I know of the change in giving notice but wasn't sure about the new rules for visitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 11:08:25 AM »
You can give notice but the registry office will not book a date until they have approval from UKVI to proceed with the marriage.  So, technically the OP could attempt to give notice and wait the 70 days and see if they can proceed.  We've only had one couple try since the new rules in March and they were not allowed to marry and were told to apply for the proper visa by UKVI.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 01:16:33 PM »
Umm, this is very out of date information and is no longer applicable, since visa agents haven't been allowed to expedite visas since June 2010.

Visa agents can still deliver your application, but they can't speed it up, so you use one now, it's really just a waste of money because you are only paying for a glorified delivery service that doesn't speed up the processing time at all. You might as well save the money and just mail it yourself.

If you consider this week out of date then yes, it is.  My daughter flew to New York on June 30th to use Super priority service.  The first appointment for that was July 15, kind of pointless for a "Super" service.  She went to a registered visa agent on July 1st, they walked her in for her biometrics, days ahead of the appointment date and then the agent walked in her application into the British Consulate.  She got her confirmation receipt email on July 2,  her visa granted email on July 6 and her agent picked up her passport -  TWO business days start to finish.  This whole thing cost $200 less than the Super Priority.  Maybe they can't get things done faster, but her experience speaks for itself.  Uhh, I'd waste that kind of money for such service anytime.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 01:26:50 PM by lbpkwf »

• Liked: 6
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 01:34:25 PM »
If you consider this week out of date then yes, it is.  My daughter flew to New York on June 30th to use Super priority service.  The first appointment for that was July 15, kind of pointless for a "Super" service.  She went to a registered visa agent on July 1st, they walked her in for her biometrics, days ahead of the appointment date and then the agent walked in her application into the British Consulate.  She got her confirmation receipt email on July 2,  her visa granted email on July 6 and her agent picked up her passport -  TWO business days start to finish.  This whole thing cost $200 less than the Super Priority.  Maybe they can't get things done faster, but her experience speaks for itself.  Uhh, I'd waste that kind of money for such service anytime.

Which agent did she use?

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 03:34:50 PM »
I believe it was A1 Passport and Visa Services in Manhattan but I'll confirm that with her.  As I said, her visa was a tier 4 general student, certainly not as complicated as a marriage visa, but not without it's hurdles.  Given the horror stories I have read online from various sites regarding the British Consulate in New York and their timelines, this has been a breeze, much more so than other visa's that I have helped my kids with in the past. 

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 07:51:53 PM »
What was the fee?

• It's an adventure now.
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 08:10:20 PM »

That's for a student visa. A settlement visa is very different and the information you're giving does not apply.

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 08:28:47 PM »
This is an incredibly cliquish board.  I only state what worked for me.  Disregard all I have posted, making sure to announce that I have no idea what I'm talking about as you drive-by.

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 10:02:23 PM »
I don't think we are cliquey at all.  I've certainly never met anyone here in real life and wouldn't know it if I was standing next to someone in line at the grocery store!

What we do try to do is give people solid, accurate information.  All Gwen was saying to Hyacinth to not spend money on a visa agent as that's only for visas that are processed in NYC, as Hyacinth's visa will be processed in Sheffield.  She wasn't being rude, she was being helpful!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 08:45:23 AM by KFdancer »

• Liked: 585
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2015, 07:14:08 AM »
I think lbpkwf was referring to Gwen, not Shandy.

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2015, 08:45:42 AM »
I think lbpkwf was referring to Gwen, not Shandy.

Whooopsies.  Edited my reply.   :)

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2015, 12:23:33 PM »
Applying for eea family permit

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab