Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Married US citizen visiting residing German wife in UK  (Read 394 times)

• Liked: 0
Married US citizen visiting residing German wife in UK
« on: August 26, 2015, 09:30:45 PM »
Hello all  :)

We got married in the US two months ago and came back together to the UK where my German wife resides.

When flying back from the US we had to book a different flight for me as my wife already had a flight booked back to the UK which then on my flight due to delay etc had been diverted to Ireland then to the UK.
The border control in Ireland stamped my passport but I am staying with my wife in the UK.

We would like to return to the US next year in June and settle down there for good. However as I am staying in the UK with my wife, my visa is only valid in Ireland and we are wondering now if I could fly out to Ireland or France then come back to the UK a couple of days later to get a further visa to be able to stay here on a visiting visa with my wife?

Furthermore, what would I have to apply for (visa, greencard etc) to make sure my German wife can come with me next year to settle down in the US?

I am registered blind in the US and my wife works full time here in the UK and is supporting me momentarily fully.

Any answers are very much appreciated, thank you.

Rodeo

• Liked: 170
Re: Married US citizen visiting residing German wife in UK
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 11:14:36 PM »
Hello all  :)

We got married in the US two months ago and came back together to the UK where my German wife resides.

When flying back from the US we had to book a different flight for me as my wife already had a flight booked back to the UK which then on my flight due to delay etc had been diverted to Ireland then to the UK.
The border control in Ireland stamped my passport but I am staying with my wife in the UK.

We would like to return to the US next year in June and settle down there for good. However as I am staying in the UK with my wife, my visa is only valid in Ireland and we are wondering now if I could fly out to Ireland or France then come back to the UK a couple of days later to get a further visa to be able to stay here on a visiting visa with my wife?

Furthermore, what would I have to apply for (visa, greencard etc) to make sure my German wife can come with me next year to settle down in the US?

I am registered blind in the US and my wife works full time here in the UK and is supporting me momentarily fully.

Any answers are very much appreciated, thank you.

Rodeo

So, did you not apply for an EEA family permit before your travel? You could have requested an A1 stamp at the border...

So you are intending on staying the UK for the next year but you are 'stamped' in for the next three months??
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

Sponsored Links