Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR (M) info for self employment  (Read 707 times)

• Liked: 0
FLR (M) info for self employment
« on: August 26, 2015, 09:42:41 PM »
Hi all,

First, thank you so much for all your help last time a few years ago with my first FLR (M) application. You guys are just absolutely amazing. Thanks to you all, i was able to get my visa.  :)

It's time again to apply for the extension of the FLR(M) form, but we're having a bit of trouble since I am in a permanent position that already meet the requirement and my husband is applying under self-employment.  :-[

We've read the forums, but none answered the questions we had.

1)  my husband was in a permanent position for 2 years and only just started self-
     employment at a contracting job for 3 months. He would not have most of the 
     documents they ask for because he's still new, but he has the following:

i) P-60 and P-45 of the last financial year to prove he left the job
   ii) he has the contract with the agent
  iii) he has a HRMC document that shows his unique tax reference number
  iv) he will have the class 2 national insurance contribution
  v) he has 12 month of bank statements and payslips from his permanent job
  vi) he has a business bank account showing money going in
 vii) he can get a letter from his accountant explaining the length of time he's been self-employed, profits, taxes, and dividends.

2)  I have 6 months of bank statements and payslips, my p-60, permanent employment contract, and a letter from the company confirming employment.
is there anything else we need?

3)  It's a bit of silly question, but question #9.12 asked about fingerprints. will getting my fingerprints for my biometrics card count at the PEO office a few years ago?

3) last question.  :P In terms of the 6 corresponse letters needed, we have the following:
    i) water bill in both our names
   ii) gas and electricity bills in both our names
  iii) husband: bank statment, mortage statement, HM Revenue, and Council tax
  iv) as for myself: bank statement, Letter from NHS, DBS, and DWP

Thank you so much for this.
any help is always appreciated.

• Liked: 3595
FLR (M) info for self employment
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 09:55:38 PM »
If you meet the requirement with your salary, why are you including your husband's income too?
Because:
A) if you earn more than £18,600, there's no need to even mention his income at all
And
B) he doesn't qualify under self-employment anyway because they will only consider a full financial year - so April 2014 to April 2015. He can't use any self-employment income from April 2015 onwards because that's only part of a financial year.

Also you can only apply under one category, so if you meet the requirements under Category A, then just apply under Category A and only include your employment documents and not his.

So for question 1) just don't include his income or documents at all

For question 2), that looks fine, just make sure your documents and letter meet all the requirements

For question 3), yes, just give details of when and where you attended the PEO appointment and gave biometrics.

For the 6 documents, they need to be evenly spaced over the 2 years - so one document in each name (one joint or two individual) for each 4-month period of the 2 years.

What dates are each of your letters from? If you have 2 individual documents per period they should have been issued around the same time as each other.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

• Liked: 0
Re: FLR (M) info for self employment
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 06:49:12 PM »
Thank you so muCh for your help.

You have just taken all the stress of this down by half. :D

Sponsored Links