Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Expedited Service?  (Read 702 times)

• Liked: 0
Expedited Service?
« on: August 27, 2015, 09:13:08 PM »
I've just completed my application an there was no place to indicate I wanted to expedite the service?  Just gave me one amount to pay (for application) Also is the biometrics fee included in the visa cost? It said I had to pay for it online but didn't give me a separate place to pay it?

• Liked: 3595
Re: Expedited Service?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 09:19:57 PM »
There is no charge for biometrics - it's just included in the main fee for the visa.

You don't expedite the visa when you apply online because the online application is for all countries and the priority and settlement priority services are only available in certain countries (each country has a different application process).

So, it's up to you to go to the VFS Global website before you mail your documents to purchase the Settlement Priority Service and/or the VFS shipping service (if using it).

See here: http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expedited Service?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 09:21:29 PM »
I'm assuming you also paid the £600 NHS levy when you were completing the online application? I believe it should prompt you to pay for it during the process of completing the application.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 09:25:22 PM »
Yep no problem with the IHS payment.  Im confused what Im paying for here...I see now where it says expedited visa service for $536 and then it gives you a one way delivery option or a round trip, do I still have to  pay a fee to the carrier I choose to deliver it? IE UPS
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:30:33 PM by MelfromLou »

Expedited Service?
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 09:35:13 PM »
No, you don't have to use VFS at all if you don't want to.

It's just that UKVI have recently introduced a new shipping service offered through VFS, which you can use to either just return your documents or send them both ways... If you choose to.

You can send the documents the following ways:

- Ship to Sheffield using UPS or DHL and also set up an online account with the courier you are using (UPS or DHL) and include your online account number so that your account can be charged for the return shipping when UKVI return your documents.

- ship the documents to Sheffield using UPS or DHL and then purchase the return shipping from VFS Global, which is a fixed price of $134 and is UPS shipping

- ship the documents both ways using VFS for $216 fixed price. As this is UPS shipping you will need to visit a UPS store to get a UPS envelope before you ship it.

So it's up to you what you want to do - it might be cheaper to go through UPS or DHL yourself or you may prefer to use the VFS service for either the return shipping or the round-trip shipping.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:41:52 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 09:40:02 PM »
The only way to speed up the visa processing time is to purchase the Settlement Priority Processing Service through the VFS website for $576.

It's not actually a service offered by VFS, it's offered by Sheffield - what it does is get your application put to the front of the processing line when it arrives in Sheffield. So you skip the queue for it to be assigned to an ECO for processing.

Recent processing times using the priority service have been about 5-15 working days vs. about 40-50 working days if you go non-priority.

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 04:27:50 PM »
ok, that's what I did but now I'm worried I did the wrong thing.  I seem to remember seeing that you have thirty days to travel once your visa is approved.  What if that doesn't coincide with my timeline.  My travel date is not flexible. I have to leave on November 25th. 

Also, ksand, I wanted to ask you about this...on one of the print out sheets after submitting the application, it says you must include your IHS number on your application, but there is no where to input that and of course you don't get the IHS number until AFTER you submit your application.  Should I hand write it in the extra information on the printed version of my application or is just including the print out with the number on it good enough?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 05:09:20 PM »
ok, that's what I did but now I'm worried I did the wrong thing.  I seem to remember seeing that you have thirty days to travel once your visa is approved.  What if that doesn't coincide with my timeline.  My travel date is not flexible. I have to leave on November 25th. 

Also, ksand, I wanted to ask you about this...on one of the print out sheets after submitting the application, it says you must include your IHS number on your application, but there is no where to input that and of course you don't get the IHS number until AFTER you submit your application.  Should I hand write it in the extra information on the printed version of my application or is just including the print out with the number on it good enough?

Did you request a travel date of November 25?  If so, you should be fine.

Yes, include both the printout and hand write it on the application.   :)

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 05:18:14 PM »
Did you request a travel date of November 25?  If so, you should be fine.

Yes, include both the printout and hand write it on the application.   :)

Thank you!  I swear I can't wait til this thing is in the mail! I have never been so nervous about anything in my life. 

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 01:22:26 PM »
Thank you!  I swear I can't wait til this thing is in the mail! I have never been so nervous about anything in my life.

I'll warn you now...  It'll be worse after you mail it.  "did I?  Will they?  What if?"   ::)

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 10:45:55 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo ;)

• Liked: 73
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 07:25:46 PM »
That reminds me of when we submitted our application last year. I decided that once it was posted, I would just relax and wait patiently for the outcome. It was easier for me in that I was together with my husband abroad. However, it was just as you said, KFDancer! Did I ...? Should I have...? Shouldn't I have...? The whole process is so stressful! I am not looking forward to late next year when we have to apply for FLR(M). They seem to be looking for the smallest reason to refuse applications now! That is why forums such as this are so helpful in ensuring we send in the right documents to support our applications.
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab