Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FORM UKM Shipping and Return of Documents  (Read 4340 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: FORM UKM Shipping and Return of Documents
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 12:49:32 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but your reply came at just the right time @orojim!
My husband is getting ready to send his stuff next week for his UKM and we needed a bit of reassurance. Nice to have a timeline so we have more of an idea of how long this process will take. Thank you so much!

• Liked: 3
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 02:23:24 PM »
You're welcome. I know that I was Mr. Anxious during the wait. The UK didn't provide any  significant information between my times of giving biometrics and receiving a decision.

My situation was uncomplicated and easy to document. It still took 17 weeks. I think that simply reflected a heavy load at the Home Office, likely made heavier by Brexit anxieties, the holiday season, and who knows what else. The long wait should be no cause for alarm.

I hope you folks have smooth sailing toward approval.

• Liked: 2
  • Location: North Carolina on my way to Chipping Norton 3/16!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 08:57:18 PM »
Thanks!

Hubby(bluebadger) finished his citizenship process in the UK in June of 2016 :)

We are now happily living in Ireland :)
I am a North Carolina girl born and raised, yes I love sweet iced tea, Texas Pete and biscuits and gravy....but England is where my soul feels at peace and I can't wait to get there.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 07:36:32 AM »
Thanks!

Hubby(bluebadger) finished his citizenship process in the UK in June of 2016 :)

We are now happily living in Ireland :)

Congratulations!  :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 05:32:02 PM »
I applied via UKM in September 2016 and was approved in early January 2017. I did my biometrics at a USCIS office near my home in Arizona.

Here's a timeline of my process.
Shipped materials to Liverpool (USPS priority express): 19 Sept 2016
orojim, how did you handle the important document return with USPS? Were they able to provide a pre-paid envelope?

• Liked: 537
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2017, 07:31:46 PM »
orojim, how did you handle the important document return with USPS? Were they able to provide a pre-paid envelope?

You aren't able to create prepaid return postage from the UK to the US by UPS, USPS, FedEx or DHL. They simply don't allow it since the package originates from outside od the US for return postage. The only people who can is the company that handles priority, they have a deal with UPS.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 08:20:52 PM »

As lyonaria mentioned, you can use  VFS global for your shipping, which most people do for simplicity or you can create an account with UPS which will be billed by UKVI when they are ready to return your package.
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2017, 08:51:06 PM »
Thanks Larrabee. Literally could not remember those three letters for the life of me! Haha. Had to resort to a description! 😂
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2017, 08:57:08 PM »
Thanks Larrabee. Literally could not remember those three letters for the life of me! Haha. Had to resort to a description! 😂

I knew right away what you meant!   ;D

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2017, 09:06:27 PM »
Thank you both. I'm trying to purchase round trip courier service from VFS but they want to know my Visa Category. UKM doesn't appear to be an option.

Anyone know what I should select?

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2017, 09:21:58 PM »
Thank you both. I'm trying to purchase round trip courier service from VFS but they want to know my Visa Category. UKM doesn't appear to be an option.

Anyone know what I should select?

Oh, sorry Joel, you are applying for citizenship? The information I gave was for settlement visas going to Sheffield. I completely didn't read the title of the thread!  :-[
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 09:25:36 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2017, 09:40:59 PM »
Oh, sorry Joel, you are applying for citizenship? The information I gave was for settlement visas going to Sheffield. I completely didn't read the title of the thread!  :-[
Ahh that's unfortunate but it happens.

I'm going to attempt what BlueBadger said earlier about paying for the shipment on UPS.com and then hopefully it will ask me if I want a return label.

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2017, 10:10:04 PM »
Ahh that's unfortunate but it happens.

I'm going to attempt what BlueBadger said earlier about paying for the shipment on UPS.com and then hopefully it will ask me if I want a return label.

I found it easiest to just create a UPS account and to send them the account number. I doubt they will ask you if you want a return label because they literally can't create a shipment for you since it's origin is outside of the US and you are trying to pay for it from within the US. I called and spoke to UPS corporate when I was told they couldn't do it at a UPS store. Kind of annoying.

If you have a UPS account you can create something called a waybill, but you don't pay for it ahead of time. You create the label that is attached to your account and you get charged when it's actually used. But that's the closest you can get for prepaid return from the UK to the US.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2017, 10:54:29 PM »
I'm afraid that I took the path of least resistance: I just had the materials returned to me by low-speed Royal Mail, signature required. That's what the UKM Guide booklet said would be used for anyone who didn't make other courier arrangements. USPS was fine going USA-to-Liverpool, but couldn't set up the return.

I think those other arrangements would be very easy for someone in the UK, as they could arrange everything in both directions with a domestic courier or Royal Mail. Here in the USA, I went to offices of both FedEx and UPS to inquire, and got no joy from either. Some commenters here have mentioned opening an account and setting up a return that way, but by the time I was ready to submit, I just wanted to start the process.

So while I paid no money for the return of documents, I did spend some extra nail-biting time. The approval letter was written on January 9 and delivered to me on January 24. All documents were returned with the letter.

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2017, 12:52:36 AM »
Thanks orojim, that sounds like the most affordable option.

Surprisingly, I have a new possibility to throw on the pile. Just got back from the UPS store and somehow the clerk was able to sell me a UPS Ground return label for ~$9.

I'm skeptical, and have my fingers crossed for a positive outcome. I'll update the thread regardless.

Sponsored Links