Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Visa?  (Read 340 times)

• Liked: 0
Priority Visa?
« on: August 29, 2015, 06:53:36 PM »
Hi All ..

Just a quick question that I have been unable to answer while I look online on a friday night before a bank holiday weekend *sighs* so am asking for some input here please

Can you apply for priority service (one day service) for a spouse visa? (coming from the USA to settle in the UK?) or is that too much to ask as the paper work gets sent to the UK for processing?

Many Thanks

• Liked: 387
Re: Priority Visa?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 08:46:29 PM »
There is a priority settlement service you can purchase for your application; however, all that it does is put your application ahead of applications without priority processing.  Sometimes there is quite a bit of difference between processing times between priority and non-priority (ex. a week versus a month) and sometimes the difference is barely noticeable (ex. 8 days for priority and 11 days for non-priority). 

There is no service where you can be assured of a decision within a certain number of days though.  Several years back when it was first introduced, the settlement priority service promised a decision within 15 business days for straightforward applications, but now it only puts your application ahead in the queue (without any assurance of how long it will take).  I'm guessing the service became utilized so widely that it became impossible to adhere to a strict 15 day turnaround.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »
Hi All ..

Just a quick question that I have been unable to answer while I look online on a friday night before a bank holiday weekend *sighs* so am asking for some input here please

Can you apply for priority service (one day service) for a spouse visa? (coming from the USA to settle in the UK?) or is that too much to ask as the paper work gets sent to the UK for processing?

Many Thanks

When you are applying for Further Leave to Remain or Indefinite Leave to Remain while within the UK you can do in person premium processing.
You can see the information here for the visas that are eligible for this service.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service-centres/eligibility

And an overview of the service is here.
https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service-centres/overview

As Aquila said, for your first settlement visa the only thing you can do to help expedite the process is to pay for priority, and all that does is take you to the head of the queue.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 08:30:33 AM »
Ahh thats what I thought ... thank you for the answers you pretty much confirmed what I already thought .. oh well wait we will i guess

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab